Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: A True Shock to DL Detractors

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Maybe 10 bad season total since the 70s. They were good before DL and will be good after.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    But, without DL, they've never made it to the SB since the 70s...

  3. #13
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Sylvester will be the starter since he has been signed and Wilson cut.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Figured the comments would slant toward "only because he was forced to".... but that's just the point. Isn't that the case with most teams? Why would you replace a guy that was getting it done just because you have a rookie that might get it done?

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Figured the comments would slant toward "only because he was forced to".... but that's just the point. Isn't that the case with most teams? Why would you replace a guy that was getting it done just because you have a rookie that might get it done?
    I know what you mean. Back in 2010 when we played Green Bay in the SB people here were giving Capers props because of all the rookies he was playing. As I recall Green Bay had 21 players on the Injured Reserve list that year and Capers was FORCED to play the rookies. Also notice that the Green Bay defense has gone to hell since that time ... they just have an offense that can outscore the opponent.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by FamousAmos View Post
    Capers wasn't forced to play Deon Figures as a #3 CB in Pittsburgh.

    Wasn't forced to play Chad Brown as a rush DE as a rookie the same year.

    Or Brentson Buckner in 1994 on the DL.

    Ditto for rookie Jason Gildon as the rush end when Brown went in the middle as a starting LB.

    Capers always had his young players in meaningful rules as rookies in Pittsburgh.

    And it wasn't because of injuries.

    The defense somehow got "harder" once Capers left.
    As just one example, didn't Woodley play meaningful snaps as a rookie?

    What great talent has DL kept off the field?

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As just one example, didn't Woodley play meaningful snaps as a rookie?

    What great talent has DL kept off the field?
    we shouldn't have to field great talents in order for guys to see the field. It would be nice to have a few solid guys getting more snaps so we can properly evaluate them instead of having aging vets go down and being SOOL when they look like deer in headlights.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we shouldn't have to field great talents in order for guys to see the field. It would be nice to have a few solid guys getting more snaps so we can properly evaluate them instead of having aging vets go down and being SOOL when they look like deer in headlights.
    Lets have some examples. Who should have played earlier? Who should have been benched?

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Lets have some examples. Who should have played earlier? Who should have been benched?
    That's the same question I have also been asking. Nobody can come up with a reasonable answer.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seems the Steelers will be starting Vince Williams over K Wilson at ILB.

    What's this?... two rookies starting on a LeBeau defense???..... can we now quiet the "Dick LeBeau doesn't play rookies"...please?

    I think the more impressive thing is, 3 of my Steeler mock draft picks, became Steelers and are now starters in their 1st year.



    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •