Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The pieces are now in place for 12-4! Sylvester resigned... Wilson waved..

Legend

User Info Menu

The pieces are now in place for 12-4! Sylvester resigned... Wilson waved..

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/steelers-re-sign-linebacker-stevenson-sylvester/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of Spence, wonder how his rehab is going.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Speaking of Spence, wonder how his rehab is going.
    Last I've read, we would be eligible to come off PUP this year (to be on active roster) later this year. It was considered a long shot, and I'm sure (at the time) they were thinking about potentially activating him as a back-up kind of guy... not thrust into a starter's role.

As for this move, I like it because he certainly has more experience in the defense than Williams and the departed Wilson. That is the main issue. Williams doesn't have near the knoweldge that we need, that the fill-in there doesn't mikeadams (i.e. sabotage) that entire side of the ball.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I want to see Spence on the field but if there is no hope for this season .... I wouldn't put him on the field until next year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry, I can't see the re-signing of Sylvester doing a whole lot for this team. Hope I'm wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

You almost have to feel bad for Kion Wilson. From insurance salesman to starter back to unemployment all within a few months.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    You almost have to feel bad for Kion Wilson. From insurance salesman to starter back to unemployment all within a few months.
    And injured on top of it all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Still one of the most curious moves in lebeau's history. Letting a player like Kion be the signal caller on D after most players sit the bench with inexperience, then they jettison him after signing Sylvester who was cut in the preseason. It's a joke IMO.

I don't think it will make any difference whatsoever. But I do think Wilson played decent for a first year player. Let's see if Sylvester can step up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just on Spence- if the Steelers DL plays like it has been this year, Spence will be a liability. He can't take on OG's at his size & be effective. Timmons & Williams are barely able to play at a good level taking on OG's.

For a guy like Spence, and Timmons, to be effective, you have to give them space to move. This DL, the way it is playing, simply doesn't do that.

Spence would get engulfed in this Defense, right now.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gay, Spaeth, Dwyer, Stevenson, possibly Allen. FO can't seem to make up their mind on these players. We have zero wins, I'm all for letting the young guys get their licks in at some of these positions like LB and S. I'm not saying cash in the season by any means, but a good opportunity is there for judging what you have. So what, we bring back all these guys and go thru the growing pains again and again with new guys next year?