Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Power Rankings (CBS)

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Power Rankings (CBS) Plus a WHOLE LOT MORE!

The reason I'm posting this is because of what the sports writer says about Sean Payton being aggressive, cocky and not afraid of making a mistake. I believe Mike Tomlin is the polar opposite. He has waited 4 games into this season to make 2 changes in personnel. He is even toying with the thought of putting Beachum at LT instead of Levi Brown, who hasnt set the world on fire but is still better than Beachum. Ben would excel with a coach not playing scared, because thats the way Ben plays.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints' swagger is back with Payton calling shots

The good citizens of New Orleans don't like me, and that led to one Saints fan even making a voodoo doll of me, stuck full of pins.

They dislike me because they think I take shots at their beloved Saints, and, at times, I have ripped them for some of the things they have done.

See Bountygate. See letting Drew Brees break the record late in a blowout against Atlanta, an act I called classless.

But one thing I've always said -- and you can look it up -- is how much I appreciate the way the Saints play offense with Sean Payton. I've always believed Payton is the best play-caller in the NFL, bar none.

He is aggressive. He is cocky. He coaches that way. And I love it.

There are too many coaches scared of making a mistake. Payton is the opposite. He and quarterback Drew Brees are a joy to watch work together on game days, their precision at running an offense as good as any in the game.

Some of that was lost in 2012 when Payton served his season-long suspension. But in the first five games, one thing about the Saints is clear:

The swagger is back.

They are 5-0, owners of the best record in the NFC, and have moved up to the No. 2 spot in my Power Rankings. Their impressive road victory against the Chicago Bears Sunday showed me a lot about this Saints team. They showed they are capable of going outside and winning a game on the road, on grass, against a good team.

The defense is significantly improved with Rob Ryan's aggressive approach. What's not to love?

The Saints are up to No. 2 in my Power Rankings, the highest-rated NFC team, just behind the top-ranked Broncos.

1. Broncos
    2. Saints
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Seahawks
    6. Cheats
    7. 49ers
    8. Bengals
    9. Ravens
    10. Packers
    11. Dolphins
    12. Lions
    13. Bears
    14. Titans
    15. Jets
    16. Cowboys
    17. Texans
    18. Cards
    19. Browns
    20. Eagles
    21. Falcons
    22. Rams
    23. Vikings
    24. Raiders
    25. Chargers
    26. Bills
    27. Redskins
    28. Panthers
    29. Steelers
    30. Giants
    31. Bucs
    32. Jags

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/24049981/nfl-power-rankings-saints-swagger-is-back-with-payton-calling-shots[/url]
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 10-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

29....we are definitely flying under the radar now...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So low in the rankings, we could unleash H@LL easy now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    So low in the rankings, we could unleash H@LL easy now.
    Seems like we're in hell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Seems like in hell.
    So we don't have far to go to unleash it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Word has it Tomlin is planning to unleash something even worse than hell this week!

Despicable-Me-Minions-photo-credit-Universal-Pictures.jpg
    Unleash the Minions!

...and in other news, Haley has been arrested for taking a dump on the pitcher's mound at PNC Park...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What a crock.... we deserve at least a #30 if not #31 ranking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow - I wonder when the last time was that we were ranked that low? It hurts to look at.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Funniest thing I have read all week. Thank you.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    so low that we better watch out for trees.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!