Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even if Tomlin & Rooney don't want the distraction, we could still be on Hard Knocks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even if Tomlin & Rooney don't want the distraction, we could still be on Hard Knocks.

We don't meet either of the opt-out criteria (new coach or in the playoffs for 2 years in a row). I'm sure the league and HBO would love be able to show a team with huge following like the Steelers, since the ratings would be through the roof.

League will pick a Hard Knocks team if no one offers
    Posted by Darin Gantt on October 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT

The NFL is still hoping teams volunteer to be the subject of Hard Knocks. But they’re now willing to volunteer someone if no one steps up.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, NFL owners passed a rule which would allow the league to pick a subject for the HBO/NFL Films reality show if no one offered, which will keep the popular show running.

Colleague Albert Breer added that teams with new coaches, or teams which made the playoffs two years in a row could decline.

Many franchises have made it clear they want no part of the behind-the-curtain treatment, but the league has now made it clear somebody’s doing it, whether they like it or not.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/league-will-pick-a-hard-knocks-team-if-no-one-offers/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheMick7 View Post
    Tomlin should tell the NFL to get bent, in public.

Yeah, that would be wise.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, that would be wise.
    It would also be funny and probably re-endear him to many of those calling for his head right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd love to see the Steelers get forced into this. The show is awesome. Who cares that Rooney doesn't want to do it. I'm sure all the fans would love it. Make it happen Roger!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd love to see the Steelers get forced into this. The show is awesome. Who cares that Rooney doesn't want to do it. I'm sure all the fans would love it. Make it happen Roger!!!!!
    I really enjoyed the HBO 24/7 show involving the Pens and Caps prior to the Winter Classic at Heinz, and also enjoy the "In the Room" stuff the Pens produce that is occassionally shown on Root or NHL Network. That kind of behind-the-scenes access is great for fans, and I eat it up. Although I understand why the team may not want to do it, if we were featured on Hard Knocks, I know for sure that I would devour every last minute of it (league officials and network execs likely know that too...and there are a lot more Steeler fans out there like me than there are fans of Bengals or Jaguars or Texans or Panthers or Cardinals or whatever.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I really enjoyed the HBO 24/7 show involving the Pens and Caps prior to the Winter Classic at Heinz, and also enjoy the "In the Room" stuff the Pens produce that is occassionally shown on Root or NHL Network. That kind of behind-the-scenes access is great for fans, and I eat it up. Although I understand why the team may not want to do it, if we were featured on Hard Knocks, I know for sure that I would devour every last minute of it (league officials and network execs likely know that too...and there are a lot more Steeler fans out there like me than there are fans of Bengals or Jaguars or Texans or Panthers or Cardinals or whatever.
    Exactly. Put the Steelers or Packers on and HBO's numbers would be thru the roof. Heck, I even watch teams I hate. And I love the 24/7 Pens/Caps coverage. I think HBO would get huge ratings if they put every team on every year. I love the behind the scenes stuff.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A Steelers Hard Knocks would be awesome. Especially for the fans, like me, who live outside Pittsburgh and don't get all the local coverage. Damn, I'd be pumped if that happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Wouldn't you think a guy with his money could afford a comb???
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If nobody volunteers, the Steelers could be among a handful of teams eligible for Hard Knocks:[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/most-teams-will-be-exempt-from-hard-knocks-requirement/"]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/most-teams-will-be-exempt-from-hard-knocks-requirement/[/URL]