Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally Hayward to start..

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe right now that Arnfelt is a better DE than Hood. The fact that the coaching staff could watch Arnfelt dominate and still put him on the practice squad while Hood wallows in mediocrity is shocking to me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I believe right now that Arnfelt is a better DE than Hood. The fact that the coaching staff could watch Arnfelt dominate and still put him on the practice squad while Hood wallows in mediocrity is shocking to me.
    ..and this is why I feel like we won't go LT in round 1. Seems like we are making all the wrong decisions when it comes to the obvious. I know they are the "experts" but look where we are sitting right now due to some of their expertise?

Our punter
    Guy Wimper
    Starks
    OL coach
    letting Lewis walk...

more than a few head scratching moves these last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is the right move.

I just hope that we don't see Ziggy Hood playing in passing downs. He gets no push as an inside rusher.

Ziggy seems like a solid citizen and a hard worker, but unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to have what it takes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and this is why I feel like we won't go LT in round 1. Seems like we are making all the wrong decisions when it comes to the obvious. I know they are the "experts" but look where we are sitting right now due to some of their expertise?

Our punter
    Guy Wimper
    Starks
    OL coach
    letting Lewis walk...

I mean you have a point. If you are looking at recent coaching moves as your lithmus test for logical decision making, then I can see how you are coming up with your conclusions. Letting Lewis walk was ignorant. I don't think we could have kept Wallace as he was way overvalued on the open market.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I mean you have a point. If you are looking at recent coaching moves as your lithmus test for logical decision making, then I can see how you are coming up with your conclusions. Letting Lewis walk was ignorant. I don't think we could have kept Wallace as he was way overvalued on the open market.
    I didnt want Wallace at that price but Wheaton should be on the field... Moyer should be on the field more often and Jarvis should have started on day 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade Hood for whatever they can get for him now, rotate Fangupo into the DL & have McLendon play some DE.

If Hood is demoted at this point, you have to assume he's done in Pittsburgh.

Heyward has looked much better in limited opportunities.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Only took Tomlin 20 games to realize this...
    I seriously question Tomlin's evaluation of talent
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade Hood?
    I'd trade him for a bag of jacks at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Our punter
    Guy Wimper
    Starks
    OL coach
    letting Lewis walk...

We have serious salary cap issues, and Cortez Allen has been deemed a future star by many on this forum (under the Lake Effect). We can't keep everybody. And please... PLEASE... stop with the Max Starks nonsense. He was so bad, that he couldn't make scrub teams like SD and STL. He's toast.

As for Heyward, my honest opinion is that he'll be a marginal upgrade at best. But I really like the move, because it signals a level of accountability that has not been there this whole time. Hood hasn't just started not producing. He's been a nobody for years. But rather than hold him accountable, we let him linger as a "starting DE" in this defense. He should've been gone a long time ago, if we are to be honest.

Go get'em Cam.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I seriously question Tomlin's evaluation of talent
    Taking Worilds over Lee proves that, to me.