Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant See Us Beating the Jets

Starter

User Info Menu

Cant See Us Beating the Jets

After watching the game last night, I cant see us beatinv the Jets. That defensive front is stout. It dosent look like we will have much success running on them. And we all know we struggle in pass protection. I wish I could say otherwize, but this could be a loooong day for the Steeler offense.

We need to create some turnovers in this game to win. If the defense cant force a turnover we are in big trouble. Im sure we all pencilled in this game as a win at the begining of the season. Now Its far from a sure thing. I give Rex Ryan a ton of credit for being competitive with a terrible roster. Thats what a good coach is able to do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree...the only way is if ....and a big if....

1 - we have no turnovers
    2 - we execute plays perfectly
    3 - Ben is accurate and has OL show up
    4 - we don't try and run to much...why? because we cannot...
    5 - Defense makes tackles or else forget it....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    After watching the game last night, I cant see us beatinv the Jets. That defensive front is stout. It dosent look like we will have much success running on them. And we all know we struggle in pass protection. I wish I could say otherwize, but this could be a loooong day for the Steeler offense.

We need to create some turnovers in this game to win. If the defense cant force a turnover we are in big trouble. Im sure we all pencilled in this game as a win at the begining of the season. Now Its far from a sure thing. I give Rex Ryan a ton of credit for being competitive with a terrible roster. Thats what a good coach is able to do.
    That is why two weeks prep better show itself. The offense better have a great package (i.e. script the first series). And I agree wholeheartedly, that if our O will be limited by the Jet D, our D better step up and baffle the rookie QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

nope, not at all... we shouldn't even bother watching the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

2 weeks to prepare vs a short week after a Monday night game should give us an advantage. I think we win this one easily. Gain some confidence. And get on a roll.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can't see us beating the Jets?

I can't see us beating the Jags right now.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't see us beating the Jets right now only because there is now Steelers vs. Jets game playing right now.

I can see us beating the Jets on Sunday, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really want to believe that after 2 weeks to heal, rest, and game plan, the Steelers can beat an average team, on a short week, with a Rookie QB who's had 3 out of 5 games with multiple interceptions. On the other hand; I'd be lying if I said I would not be the least bit surprised to see Smith carve up the D like a Thanksgiving Turkey as well as the Jets D stymie the O.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This should be a close game.

We can win if.....
    (1)Geno decides to be charitable as he has a few times this season.
    or (2)if we actually play well.

I'm hoping for 2, but think 1 is more likely.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    nope, not at all... we shouldn't even bother watching the game.
    Im not trying to sound overly negative. But the Jets front 7 looked mean last night. The Falcons could get anything going in terms of run game. Im just not sure how we block that front with our O Line. Maybe Levi will make a difference.