Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant See Us Beating the Jets

Administrator

User Info Menu

We won't beat the Jets if Ben continues his "turnover machine" performances. He needs to play better overall. If he continues his reckless ball security, I'd sit him to prove a point.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

When he starts playing like a franchise QB then I'd treat him like one. I don't know what his problem is, but he's been playing terrible and reckless.

I've watched guys that are wide open and Ben is not throwing the ball for some reason...and don't get me started on the turnovers which have been absolutely ridiculous.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I like Ben and I like Tomlin, but both need to do a better job right now...

In the offense, whether he likes the offense or not, Ben just needs to take care of his own business...if he does that, he'll be okay...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    When he starts playing like a franchise QB then I'd treat him like one. I don't know what his problem is, but he's been playing terrible and reckless.

I've watched guys that are wide open and Ben is not throwing the ball for some reason...and don't get me started on the turnovers which have been absolutely ridiculous.
    According to Bill Polian, Ben was a franchise QB in the last game.

[url]https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports/the-steelers-are-0-4-but-bill[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

I watched the Pats game on Sunday and Brady looked awful. It was eerily similar to Ben. His throws were all over the place. He was missing guys by 10 yards on some throws.

It's kinda crazy this season. If I could have any QB on my team, I'd probably take Ben, Brady, or Eli and collectively, the 3 of them look like garbage this season. Makes no sense. But I'm most surprised with how bad Ben is playing because I've seen him have success while surrounded by crap before. I worry he's lost some of the magic he had early on and may never get it back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheMick7 View Post
    That would be 6 time executive of the year Bill Polian.
    Pardon my oversight...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I watched the Pats game on Sunday and Brady looked awful. It was eerily similar to Ben. His throws were all over the place. He was missing guys by 10 yards on some throws.

It's kinda crazy this season. If I could have any QB on my team, I'd probably take Ben, Brady, or Eli and collectively, the 3 of them look like garbage this season. Makes no sense. But I'm most surprised with how bad Ben is playing because I've seen him have success while surrounded by crap before. I worry he's lost some of the magic he had early on and may never get it back.
    Ben has been hesitant to throw the ball when a WR is waiving him down in the middle of the field waiving their hands at him. He's either not seeing them or is afraid to sling the ball for some reason. I don't he's afraid to sling it. He doesn't see them and he's not going thru his progressions like a QB with his experience should be doing. Blame the o-line and they deservce blame but there are several of these plays where the o-line wasn't a factor and Ben still isn't delivering.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Anyone will look like a genious with Peyton as their QB.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Maybe Polian should ask himself this the question:

What is the primary reasons the Steelers and Giants are a combined 0-9.

DING DING DING! TURNOVERS!

Who's responsible for those? Eli and Ben are in the running for most turnovers and 2nd worst team behind the Jags. Good job fellas.

Administrator

User Info Menu

So you basing this on ONE play? OK then. If you really paid attention you would see this team rarely throws down the middle anymore. Especially during the first three games.

Pay attention, per the orders of his new OC and his golfing background Ben has been told to either check it down to the running back (when he has one), or try and throw it away if the first read isn't open.

They dummied down Ben's game.

8-12 since.

See what happens when you mess with success?
    Seems like a typical Crash post... your days are likely #'ed once if I confirm that.

Clearly, you don't know how to read an entire post. Did I say one play? No, I didn't.H

Here.... I'll copy & paste it for you:

Blame the o-line and they deservce blame but there are several of these plays where the o-line wasn't a factor and Ben still isn't delivering.