Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant See Us Beating the Jets

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Anyone will look like a genious with Peyton as their QB.
    Does Kevin Colbert look like a genius with Ben?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We won't beat the Jets if Ben continues his "turnover machine" performances. He needs to play better overall. If he continues his reckless ball security, I'd sit him to prove a point.
    What......????????? When you can't block D-Linemen every QB will struggle with ball security.

Thank God you are no where near Steelers FO.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seems like a typical Crash post... your days are likely #'ed once if I confirm that.

Clearly, you don't know how to read an entire post. Did I say one play? No, I didn't.H

Here.... I'll copy & paste it for you:
    Err...QB are human beings...You just can't turn them ON or OFF... Hit a QB early and often and he will be hesitant.

Well this startegy work perfectly fine for your 10x better QBS Peyton and Tommy.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we will have a running game and we will beat the Jets. Bellcow gives me confidence after his debut performance.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    What......????????? When you can't block D-Linemen every QB will struggle with ball security.

Ben has never been this inconsistent with the footbal and weve had worse OL's...

even when he has time he is missing wide open WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone who watched the NE-Bengal game Sunday can see what happens to a QB when he is pressured and hit hard.
    Just ask Marsha Brady.
    "We knew we were going to have our hands full, but we were able to get to Brady on the second play," defensive tackle
    [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9709/domata-peko"]Domata Peko[/URL] said. "After that, you could see he was a little shaky. If you hit somebody enough, they're going to make mistakes."

Brady never got into a rhythm against Cincinnati's unrelenting pass rush. He finished 18 of 38 for 197 yards with one interception and a paltry passer rating of 52.2

Ben is not blameless in this debacle of a season, but asking any other NFL caliber QB to endure what he's gone through this season is asking a lot

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben has never been this inconsistent with the footbal and weve had worse OL's...

even when he has time he is missing wide open WR.
    But don't you think that is a function of getting hit too often? Of course, we expect our $100m QB to be able to endure that punishment and still perform, but we can't expect him to be impervious to it. He's human.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    Does Kevin Colbert look like a genius with Ben?
    He's a good QB but he's no where close to Brady, Brees or Peyton.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

Ben could have a pro bowl o-line and he'd still get sacked 40+ times in a year. He would just hold onto the ball for 10 seconds instead of over 5.

Peyton loses his all-pro LT in Clady and doesn't skip a beat. If that happened to Ben and he threw 5 INTs, all the homers would say that was an excuse for Ben to throw those picks. It's non stop excuses for the guy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    weve had worse OL's...
    When? We've had some bad OL's, for sure, but I don't think even the Mahan-Kemoeatu days can hold a torch to the Adams-Gilbert mess we are currently experiencing.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.