Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking pretty stout against Matty Ice and Co.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jets looking pretty stout against Matty Ice and Co.

Well, I guess in a sense it doesn't matter ... our challenges are as much internal as related to who we're playing at this point. A win would be great ... I'd be happy just to see that we are growing as a team!

LET'S GO STEELERS!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Just thinking the same thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sadly, there are no gimmies on the Steelers schedule this season. This could be the game where Ben gets killed by the pass rush. Only chance is for the run game to get cranking or Ben better be willing to check down early and often.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Losing, and "growing as a team", are one and the same

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Well, I guess in a sense it doesn't matter ... our challenges are as much internal as related to who we're playing at this point. A win would be great ... I'd be happy just to see that we are growing as a team!

LET'S GO STEELERS!
    After an 0-4 start and a bye week (to fix things), and coming in to face a fellow team with a losing record, and a rookie QB... we must win. Realistically, there is consolation to be taken from some losses, but this wouldn't be one of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sadly, there are no gimmies on the Steelers schedule this season. This could be the game where Ben gets killed by the pass rush. Only chance is for the run game to get cranking or Ben better be willing to check down early and often.
    I've watched a lot of Giants over the years. I fear Osi.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

wow

#1 pciks on the DL starting and thriving even as rookies. wilderson on the verge of stardom (1 pick ahead of heyward)

and they run a 3-4 zone blitz scheme

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I've watched a lot of Giants over the years. I fear Osi.
    he's on the falcons

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we should not pressure Geno early.
    I think we should let him make a few easy passes and let him get into a groove.
    Then we will unleash hell by switching from a 15 yard cushion to a 10 yard cushion and confuse the hell out of him.
    On offense we should line up w/o a FB and load up with as many TE's as possible.
    Also, don't waste a body helping our tackles in pass protection and make sure Moye gets plenty of rest so he can be fesh for next season

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    wow

#1 pciks on the DL starting and thriving even as rookies. wilderson on the verge of stardom (1 pick ahead of heyward)

and they run a 3-4 zone blitz scheme

Wilkerson does look good, but its not even an ample comparison. Heyward was literally drafted to sit until Kiesel retired (I like Heyward too, after his play this year) but We can't be doing that. Not how the NFL operates anymore.

The Jets run an extremely different defense than us. If you watched Wilkerson lined up as a 0-tech NT, 3 Tech 3-4 DE, and his Sack came off of being a 4-3 RDE in the 9-tech. Not exactly a 3-4 but a hybrid scheme. I think Heyward could actually be really good in a similar scheme. Hes dropped enough weight to be pass rushing 4-3 DE at times. But thats just me.

No denying that Wilkerson isn't a physical specimen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Depends on which Smith we get. Against the Bills he threw for over 300 yards. Last night he threw for 200 with 3 TDs and an almost perfect QB rating (it was perfect through the first half). He's also thrown 8 ints in the first 4 games (none last night). At this point I would not be surprised in the least to watch him torch the Steelers. He'll have plenty of time and the DBs will be giving plenty of cushion. If last night's late game heroics to win give him a huge boost of confidence; the Steelers will be in big, big trouble.