Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this Really the Guy you want to Draft?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Is this Really the Guy you want to Draft?

J. Clowney opts out of playing moments before the game Saturday. Tells coach "I'm hurt",.... but trainers knew nothing of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

buyer beware...

Starter

User Info Menu

The last thing we need to do is waste another first round draft pick on a DL bust.

Legend

User Info Menu

Certainly alarming. Hopefully, the Steelers will improve to the point where somebody else has to make that decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no chance the Steelers draft Clowney. Unless our new LT proves to be at least sufficient, a franchise LT is where the Steelers will go on draft day. I doubt in any year it has been more obvious than this one.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There is no chance the Steelers draft Clowney. Unless our new LT proves to be at least sufficient, a franchise LT is where the Steelers will go on draft day. I doubt in any year it has been more obvious than this one.
    We aren't drafting a LT in the first round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We aren't drafting a LT in the first round.
    That is crazy talk. There are two positions that are worthy of a high first round pick, and that is the QB and the LT position. Considering our weakness at the LT position is glaring, it both meets major need and value.

Care to share what position you think they will go? Why? I'm getting used to disagreeing with you on nearly every topic in sports. So, I am at least curious about your logic.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

That is crazy talk. There are two positions that are worthy of a high first round pick, and that is the QB and the LT position. Considering our weakness at the LT position is glaring, it both meets major need and value.

Care to share what position you think they will go? Why? I'm getting used to disagreeing with you on nearly every topic in sports. So, I am at least curious about your logic.
    I think this FO truly believes they can Frankenstein the OL and this FO has a knack for going against the grain. If they do prove me wrong and go LT it will be the worst ONE on the board.

We have a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders on the OL and it still stinks... I could see Colbert using it as a reason to draft some more big uglies in later rounds or sticking with Brown if the OL improves.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't trust our FO to do the obvious.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-08-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think this FO truly believes they can Frankenstein the OL and this FO has a knack for going against the grain. If they do prove me wrong and go LT it will be the worst ONE on the board.

We have a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders on the OL and it still stinks... I could see Colbert using it as a reason to draft some more big uglies in later rounds or sticking with Brown if the OL improves.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't trust our FO to do the obvious.
    They will prove you wrong on LT. The only surprise I could see besides a LT, surprisingly enough would be a QB. If there is a QB there they believe to be the real deal, I could see them Farve/Rodgers the situation.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well it's way to early imho to talk about individuals however this draft appears to be deep at tackle so it is not out of the question that we take a tackle early in the 2nd. Since we have a boat load of needs besides T it may be something else in round one.