Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this Really the Guy you want to Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'd settle for a playmaking CB...
    Please no more early picks on DL/OL
    The only DB being spoken of in the top 10 to my recollection is Roby from tOSU. And as much as I like to toot the horns of Buckeyes, I call a spade a spade. Roby is overrated. I watched the guy in the 5th round of my mock below shred him for 200 yards. So, IMO DB is out. The only WR worth a top 10 is the WR out of Clemson with the off the field issues.

It's going to be a LT. The LT position is very strong in the top 15 picks. I don't think you can go wrong with 4 of them.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Years ago I would consider CB. But in this day and age, any CB is going to thrown on

Has to be LT

Legend

User Info Menu

has to be LT... especially a franchise guy like the one in NE. It will be a different team with an anchor at LT. The other pieces aren't that far away from being there.. Hope they keep Velasco next year too... definitely a good pickup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That is crazy talk. There are two positions that are worthy of a high first round pick, and that is the QB and the LT position. Considering our weakness at the LT position is glaring, it both meets major need and value.

Care to share what position you think they will go? Why? I'm getting used to disagreeing with you on nearly every topic in sports. So, I am at least curious about your logic.
    I think this FO truly believes they can Frankenstein the OL and this FO has a knack for going against the grain. If they do prove me wrong and go LT it will be the worst ONE on the board.

We have a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders on the OL and it still stinks... I could see Colbert using it as a reason to draft some more big uglies in later rounds or sticking with Brown if the OL improves.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't trust our FO to do the obvious.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-08-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'd settle for a playmaking CB...
    Please no more early picks on DL/OL

Don't need to spend a first round pick to get a Cornerback who can stay 10 yards away from the receiver!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There is no chance the Steelers draft Clowney. Unless our new LT proves to be at least sufficient, a franchise LT is where the Steelers will go on draft day. I doubt in any year it has been more obvious than this one.
    Well it's way to early imho to talk about individuals however this draft appears to be deep at tackle so it is not out of the question that we take a tackle early in the 2nd. Since we have a boat load of needs besides T it may be something else in round one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trade Ben ... trade Pouncey and get a franchise LT, a franchise QB, and a shutdown DB. It's easy.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Well it's way to early imho to talk about individuals however this draft appears to be deep at tackle so it is not out of the question that we take a tackle early in the 2nd. Since we have a boat load of needs besides T it may be something else in round one.
    I 100% disagree. It's not too early to realize the Steelers at worst will be drafting in the top 15 which will land one of 4 guys projected to be franchise LT worthy. If you have a chance to grab a franchise LT, when you don't have one...you do. You don't wait til the second round as your franchise QB is taking a beating game in and game out. It might not be a sexy pick, but it will be the pick unless Brown appears to be the second coming of Orlando Pace.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think this FO truly believes they can Frankenstein the OL and this FO has a knack for going against the grain. If they do prove me wrong and go LT it will be the worst ONE on the board.

We have a bunch of 1st and 2nd rounders on the OL and it still stinks... I could see Colbert using it as a reason to draft some more big uglies in later rounds or sticking with Brown if the OL improves.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't trust our FO to do the obvious.
    They will prove you wrong on LT. The only surprise I could see besides a LT, surprisingly enough would be a QB. If there is a QB there they believe to be the real deal, I could see them Farve/Rodgers the situation.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    "...the pass rusher at OLB that Jarvis was supposed to be."

LOL

4 games in and he's a bust...
    you remember "Bustamalu" as a rookie? "We should have taken Mike Doss." LMFAO