Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Is this Really the Guy you want to Draft?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We aren't drafting a LT in the first round.
    That is crazy talk. There are two positions that are worthy of a high first round pick, and that is the QB and the LT position. Considering our weakness at the LT position is glaring, it both meets major need and value.

    Care to share what position you think they will go? Why? I'm getting used to disagreeing with you on nearly every topic in sports. So, I am at least curious about your logic.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Unless something changes between now and then, I would say a LT, NT, CB/S or some freak WR (if there is any)
    We let a high end WR, and a very solid DB leave via FA. I'm not saying I disagree with you or that there isn't a need in those positions, just that it seems like we shot ourselves in the foot by letting go two positions that we now need to replace with high round draft picks.

  3. #13
    I see no reason LT won't be the pick if one is there they really like.

    why the hell wouldn't it?

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I see no reason LT won't be the pick if one is there they really like.

    why the hell wouldn't it?
    If LT is the guy they want in the first round, then I'm all for it. The sentiment around here is taking a 1st round OL, everything else be d@mned. We have PLENTY of needs, so I don't care if we take a WR, a S, or a TE... He11, even a QB.

    We need the BPA.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If LT is the guy they want in the first round, then I'm all for it. The sentiment around here is taking a 1st round OL, everything else be d@mned. We have PLENTY of needs, so I don't care if we take a WR, a S, or a TE... He11, even a QB.

    We need the BPA.
    agree with all of that except TE if we are drafting as high as I believe we will.

    there is no way the steelers discount a franchise LT is one is there.

    I would like to hear the logic behind that claim.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Clowney is a freakish athlete but I definitely think he's overrated.
    Any chance he is just trying to get through the season uninjured and so he is faking injury so he doesnt have to play?

    We've turned college DEs into OLB before (Woodley). Since Clowney is so athletic maybe he could turn out to be the pass rusher at OLB that Jarvis was supposed to be. Then move Jarvis inside next to Timmons.

    Clowney, Jones, Timmons, Woodley as a LB group

  7. #17
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Any chance he is just trying to get through the season uninjured and so he is faking injury so he doesnt have to play?

    We've turned college DEs into OLB before (Woodley). Since Clowney is so athletic maybe he could turn out to be the pass rusher at OLB that Jarvis was supposed to be. Then move Jarvis inside next to Timmons.

    Clowney, Jones, Timmons, Woodley as a LB group
    I think moving Jarvis inside is unnecessary. He'll be fine on the outside.

    I live in SC so obviously the Gamecocks are on TV every week. Clowney's athleticism flashes.... there is no doubt. All I'm saying is he's overrated. At this point, I still think he's a better athlete than football player. That hit on the Michigan RB turned a very good player into a Heisman "Hopeful" over night. He had VERY high expectations but I don't think his entire career proves that he's as elite as what the media makes him out to be.

  8. #18
    "...the pass rusher at OLB that Jarvis was supposed to be."

    LOL

    4 games in and he's a bust...

  9. #19
    Backup Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    488
    Tajh Boyd, please.
    Round 1, Pick 15 (15)- Ryan Shazier, ILB; Ohio State
    Round 2, Pick 14 (46)- Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3b, Pick 33 (97)- Dri Archer, RB; Kent State
    Round 4, Pick 18 (118 )- Martavis Bryant, WR; Clemson
    Round 5, Pick 17 (157)- Shaquille Richardson, CB; Arizona
    Round 5b, Pick 33 (173)- Wesley Johnson, OT; Vanderbilt
    Round 6, Pick 16 (192)- Jordan Zumwalt, OLB; UCLA
    Round 6b, Pick 39 (215)- Daniel McCullers, DT; Tennessee
    Round 7, Pick 15 (230)- Rob Branchflower, TE; Massachusetts

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,007
    I'd settle for a playmaking CB...
    Please no more early picks on DL/OL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •