Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Good read Cowher V's Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I simply think that Tomlin should be given the same opportunity as Cowher before having to be compared to Cowher...
    you are making too much sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Who has he developed?
    keenan lewis
    tez allen

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If you want to tell me that Neil O'Donnell, John Jackson, Dermontti Dawson, Greg Lloyd, Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson are "phantom" players, then just let me stop you right there...because you're just being silly at this point...

When those guys were gone, the Steelers missed the playoffs for three straight years. It happened.
    Woodson didn't play the ENTIRE 95 season and left after that year. O'Donnell left after 95. Tell me who Cowher won with in 96' and 97' AFTER Woodson and O'Donnell left? They made the playoffs 2 years AFTER they left. They went 10-6 and 11-5 AFTER that. Do you even know that John Jackson NEVER made a pro-bowl? He was a good player but not a pro-bowler. It's just stupid to argue that Cowher won with Noll's players since very few were around. And as I've mention and you ALWAYS ignore, Tomlin STILL TO THIS DAY has more of Cowher's players on defense than Cowher had of Noll's players in 95. But you can't talk about the facts you want to cling to an idea that simply ISN'T true.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    keenan lewis
    tez allen
    One guy that didn't start until his 3rd year (1 game) and wasn't even offered a contract and went to N.O. And a guy that has started 5 games in over 2 years. Wow what a genius coach. In 7 years he's developed a guy that he didn't even want back and a spot player with 6 passes defended in 2+ years.