Thread: Timmons in Middle of Pack

Legend

User Info Menu

Timmons in Middle of Pack

Timmons is tied for 40th in the league in total tackles. Pretty much sums up the defense..... average.

Really like that Sean Lee kid in Dallas.... did the Steelers have a chance to draft him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Timmons is tied for 40th in the league in total tackles. Pretty much sums up the defense..... average.

Really like that Sean Lee kid in Dallas.... did the Steelers have a chance to draft him?
    Not sure but it seems like the other guy is always the better pick. If we picked up Sean Lee and Timmons played for Dallas I'm pretty sure we would want Timmons....

Timmons would be playing one position in Dallas while Lee would be slowly introduced into our scheme while learning 2 or 3 LB positions due to injuries by our old vets.

You really have to be honest about how we handle our players on D vs how other teams treat their rookies on D.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

don't give a shat about lee

timmons makes 10 million per and needs to produce

but we know its not his fault

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    don't give a shat about lee

timmons makes 10 million per and needs to produce

but we know its not his fault
    Yup. He is being paid like an elite MLB, and nothing about his performance this year has approached elite. He hasn't had an impact as a pass rusher or in the run game. He has apparently broken up a few passes this year, but he's also been beaten by very average TEs in coverage.

Backup

User Info Menu

What is Timmons or any other L.B. in the NFL going to do when they play behind the D-line in front of them. The whole D-fence revolves around the D-line much like the O evolves around the O-line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure but it seems like the other guy is always the better pick. If we picked up Sean Lee and Timmons played for Dallas I'm pretty sure we would want Timmons....

Timmons would be playing one position in Dallas while Lee would be slowly introduced into our scheme while learning 2 or 3 LB positions due to injuries by our old vets.

You really have to be honest about how we handle our players on D vs how other teams treat their rookies on D.
    I think the choice was between Lee or Worilds, FWIW. Never did like that pick. Anyway, football is a team sport and its tough for an individual to stand out when the rest of the group is not producing as a whole. AB seems to be the only player flourishing this year....somewhat amazing.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think the choice was between Lee or Worilds, FWIW. Never did like that pick. Anyway, football is a team sport and its tough for an individual to stand out when the rest of the group is not producing as a whole. AB seems to be the only player flourishing this year....somewhat amazing.
    Correct. Lee went three spots after Worilds. There was the whole issue where Lee reportedly had a first round grade but Tomlin intervened and picked Worilds.

In any event, looking back on that second round, the pick of Worilds hurts. Lots of good players picked after him.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Tomlin loves those "Run and Hit" LBs. Another Tomlinism that sounds good in a draft day press conference but obviously doesn't mean anything.

I've been more of a Timmons "hater" than most and I always thought he was a disappointment even in the early portion of last year. Then, he FINALLY turned it on and put together his best year IMO. We need him to get back to that form.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.