Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Taylor Lewan our 2014 Draft Pick at #9

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OT Taylor Lewan our 2014 Draft Pick at #9

According to the Sporting News ... [URL]http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-09-25/nfl-mock-draft-2014-bridgewater-clowney-mariota-hundley/slide/10[/URL]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

We might be picking higher than nine.... like #2.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I think we have a shot at one of the two top LTs in this draft. And I'm thinking as a LT, the guy in my sig from Alabama may have more upside than anyone in the draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewan sounds good to me.

Shawn--I think the kid from Alabama is being projected more as a Right Tackle at the next level.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers end up with a top 5 or top 10 pick, which is looking likely, I would love to see them grab an elite LT and lock down the position for the next decade.

This team has needs everywhere, but you can rarely grab an elite LT outside of the top 10.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lewan sounds good to me.

Shawn--I think the kid from Alabama is being projected more as a Right Tackle at the next level.
    I don't think so. From my understanding the kid from Alabama is the most athletic LT in the draft...quick feet and hands. Let me pull up a profile.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the Steelers got a Joe Thomas-type to protect Ben's blind side, that would definitely offer some comfort if the season continues to circle the drain...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care if it is Lewan, or Roby (CB), or Barr (OLB) or whoever. I don't want to reach though, for a need... even one as glaring as LT for us. I hope we are out of range of drafting a franchise QB though, cuz I would have to pause for thought.

If we do get a LT, would you guys prefer we re-sign Pouncey to his 2nd deal too?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The fact that Steelers fans are talking about the draft before our 5th game of the year is more depressing to me than the teams performance thus far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The fact that Steelers fans are talking about the draft before our 5th game of the year is more depressing to me than the teams performance thus far.
    no doubt...and we all know we aren't drafting an LT in the first round next year.