Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark making the rounds on TV

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Probably right, felt. It just grates on a frustrated fan, seeing Clark sit there working on his 2nd career like he has one foot out the door. You know what else irritated me (him on First Take)... they asked him if we'd make the playoffs, and he said yes. That wasn't necessarily what bothered me, but then he goes on to talk about the schedule, citing games against our division and conference in a way that made it seem like he thought we were the mid-2000 Steelers. e.g. Implying we should be able to confuse Geno next week. Why would you even make that claim, when teams have just done whatever they've wanted this year against our D? The D has given up BIG leads off the bat, giving them the opportunity to play with the lead and putting our O at a disadvantage.
    Im actually glad to hear confidence.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The guy is on his off week...players do it all the time...

It doesn't mean one foot is out the door...

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably right, felt. It just grates on a frustrated fan, seeing Clark sit there working on his 2nd career like he has one foot out the door. You know what else irritated me (him on First Take)... they asked him if we'd make the playoffs, and he said yes. That wasn't necessarily what bothered me, but then he goes on to talk about the schedule, citing games against our division and conference in a way that made it seem like he thought we were the mid-2000 Steelers. e.g. Implying we should be able to confuse Geno next week. Why would you even make that claim, when teams have just done whatever they've wanted this year against our D? The D has given up BIG leads off the bat, giving them the opportunity to play with the lead and putting our O at a disadvantage.
    what's he supposed to say? We stink and have no chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't like that he's obviously working on his second career, while he and his team is struggling mightily in his first career. He should feel the coach's breath breathing down his neck, especially when the coach said the team would be determining who is a part of things, and those who aren't, won't be (a part of things).

clark has been around long enuff to know that tomlin is all talk, no walk

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love Clark as a player. One of the hardest hitters I've ever seen. He's a Steeler, man.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know this is our bye week, but I gotta say: it is annoying to see him playing analyst on NFLN, every ESPN show. We're 0-4. Not only that--you aren't playing that great. Step away from the mic. If you want to prepare for your post-career (analyst), fine. Step aside and make room for the Sharknado!

I'm probably overreacting as usual, but it is something that bothered me today, seeing Clark on the TV seemingly all day.
    Ryan's best playing days may be behind him, but he's easily one of the best/most articulate speakers on the team, possibly in the NFL. His comments are generally knowledgeable and intelligent, and rather less canned than Mike-we-embrace-everything-Tomlin's. I don't mind hearing him.

Also, I think he's preparing for his post playing career..

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I think it's Shamarko time regardless, Clark is playing like dog shiiiiiit.
    Shamarko isn't a FS. He was drafted to be our future SS.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

If Ben did this, almost everyone here would be going nuts. When Clark does it, he gets a pass. Considering the team is 0-4, no player should be going on media tours even if it is the bye week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    If Ben did this, almost everyone here would be going nuts. When Clark does it, he gets a pass. Considering the team is 0-4, no player should be going on media tours even if it is the bye week.
    I haven't heard anybody complaint about Ben's weekly radio show.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I haven't heard anybody complaint about Ben's weekly radio show.
    Leave Ben ALONE!