Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Clark making the rounds on TV

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,520

    Clark making the rounds on TV

    I know this is our bye week, but I gotta say: it is annoying to see him playing analyst on NFLN, every ESPN show. We're 0-4. Not only that--you aren't playing that great. Step away from the mic. If you want to prepare for your post-career (analyst), fine. Step aside and make room for the Sharknado!

    I'm probably overreacting as usual, but it is something that bothered me today, seeing Clark on the TV seemingly all day.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,654
    I think it's Shamarko time regardless, Clark is playing like dog shiiiiiit.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I think it's Shamarko time regardless, Clark is playing like dog shiiiiiit.
    I watched Clark lazy limp behind AP.. it's obvious he is done.

  4. #4
    This doesn't really bother me. A few days away during the bye week isn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe it helps him clear his head.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    I like listening to Clark on tv. He should take Tomlin with him. Tomlin's destined to be the best tv guy ever in the future.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    I just don't like that he's obviously working on his second career, while he and his team is struggling mightily in his first career. He should feel the coach's breath breathing down his neck, especially when the coach said the team would be determining who is a part of things, and those who aren't, won't be (a part of things).

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866
    Add to that, Tomlin gives the team time off from Wed. til next Monday. Given the sorry state of the team, I would think they would use the opportunity to get some extra reps in.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Add to that, Tomlin gives the team time off from Wed. til next Monday. Given the sorry state of the team, I would think they would use the opportunity to get some extra reps in.
    The CBA won't allow that. They have mandatory time off. They couldn't practice if they wanted to.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I just don't like that he's obviously working on his second career, while he and his team is struggling mightily in his first career. He should feel the coach's breath breathing down his neck, especially when the coach said the team would be determining who is a part of things, and those who aren't, won't be (a part of things).
    nah... its harmless fun. As long as he isn't out partying late and playing basketball I don't see the issue.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah... its harmless fun. As long as he isn't out partying late and playing basketball I don't see the issue.
    Probably right, felt. It just grates on a frustrated fan, seeing Clark sit there working on his 2nd career like he has one foot out the door. You know what else irritated me (him on First Take)... they asked him if we'd make the playoffs, and he said yes. That wasn't necessarily what bothered me, but then he goes on to talk about the schedule, citing games against our division and conference in a way that made it seem like he thought we were the mid-2000 Steelers. e.g. Implying we should be able to confuse Geno next week. Why would you even make that claim, when teams have just done whatever they've wanted this year against our D? The D has given up BIG leads off the bat, giving them the opportunity to play with the lead and putting our O at a disadvantage.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •