Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Heyward needs more playing time against passing sets imho. I believe he has pushed the pocket pretty well this year. He is batting down passes and being disruptive.
    This is like people lauding Hood with praise, back when people thought he was a prospect. His batted balls were big plays, but they were made because he wasn't pushing the pocket. I would like to see him get more time, but not because he's shown much... I just want to give him a chance, over Hood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Y'all need to chill out. It's been four games. JJ will be a beast.... Freaking over critical nancys.
    Agreed. 4 games into his rookie season? Lets give it some time.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    This is like people lauding Hood with praise, back when people thought he was a prospect. His batted balls were big plays, but they were made because he wasn't pushing the pocket. I would like to see him get more time, but not because he's shown much... I just want to give him a chance, over Hood.
    Most of those who analyze football disagree with you. His play has rated out pretty well.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the excuses for timmons never end.

its always somebody else's fault but his own.

his play so far this year has been nowhere near his salary level. It seems that some just have a mancrush on the guy and refuse to see the real player he has been through 4 games so far. Last year means squat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the excuses for timmons never end.

its always somebody else's fault but his own.

his play so far this year has been nowhere near his salary level. It seems that some just have a mancrush on the guy and refuse to see the real player he has been through 4 games so far. Last year means squat.
    someone needs to come up with some kind of ranking that rates player performance vs pay. it'd also be interesting to figure out a way to compare guys across different positions in different systems.

once the game starts, i kinda forget about when a guy was drafted or what his salary is when I'm watching them play.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think any of the front seven have been playing particularly well...

If we're looking for highly paid underachievers, don't forget to look at Timmon's mate on the outside, the $61 million man, Big LaMarr...if he makes 2 tackles in a game, that's a big showing for him. Ridiculous.

There's a lot of money going out on this defense, and it's buying precious little.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

its been pretty easy to see timmons hasn't passed the eye test this year.

playing behind mclendon and alongside williams/wilson hasn't helped, but he needs to assert himself and start making some plays befitting of a 10 million dollar player. He apparently couldn't be burdened to call the defenses in his 7th year, so maybe fans have a right to expect a big play every now and then.

the timmons lovers will never admit their boy is off to another patented slow start and blame it on "coach dad" or some other nonsense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Busta-Jones-amalu?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Busta-Jones-amalu?
    Or JarBust Jones
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post