Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Starter

User Info Menu

Hard to rush the passer when your team's behind all game. JJ's doing fine. He's definitely had some really nice plays vs the run, and has a few tackles for loss. Not sure how the "hurry" stat is calculated, but I remember a few specific instances where the QB threw it away a JJ was beating down on him.He's the least of my worries

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post

Let me just throw this out...I have no facts just a possible theory...What if we are playing more 1 gap on the DL to compensate for our lack of pressure from the OLs? The DL pick a side and pressure the QB. Perhaps it is leading to more QB hurries on passing downs but opening large running lanes at the same time...I don't know...just a thought. I recall someone saying the DL was going to play a more attack style defense this year to help get pressure instead of the standard occupying blockers in a 2 gap system...
    I think this is absolutely what's happening. It's creating more lanes. Linemen are getting to our LBs. And no one seems to be able to tackle. And we've got 4 sacks and no turnovers to show for it. I dunno if it's the talent on D or Lebeau's new system or a combination of both? I think it's the DLine and have been just as concerned about this unit as our OLine to start the season.