Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots D has forced a TO in 32 straight games

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots D has forced a TO in 32 straight games

This year they are 21st in scoring offense and 4-0 this year... and they also lead the league with the most dropped passes of offense.

The reason I'm posting this is because our D has some serious issues and its not just talent.

I also watched them get killed by Gonzalez in the ATL game so on the last drive what did the Pats do? They doubled Gonzalez so he couldn't get off the line.

Our D needs to improve and its the scheme. You can't tell me the rest of the league has more talent and thats why we are struggling to get TO's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cincy INT Brady on the final drive....You just can't expect game changing play from Steelers D.

Sorry to say this but i think time has come for a change. Zero TO in 4 games is not acceptable. They struggled last year to get TO too.

DL scheme is outdated.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The Pats grab at the ball carrier's arms and go after the ball aggressively on almost every play. A lot of teams tackle the ball, but not us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The Pats grab at the ball carrier's arms and go after the ball aggressively on almost every play. A lot of teams tackle the ball, but not us.
    But we do tackle the catch after we close the 10 yard cushion
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Good for them

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Truth. DL's scheme is fine. It's all about attacking the ball at all times. I think some of these players are so focused on making the tackle, they forget to attack the ball. Also, you don't see defense swarming to the ball as they did in the past. Usually the next guy to help out is at least 5 yds away. The scheme is fine. The way they are being coached might not be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Truth. DL's scheme is fine. It's all about attacking the ball at all times. I think some of these players are so focused on making the tackle, they forget to attack the ball. Also, you don't see defense swarming to the ball as they did in the past. Usually the next guy to help out is at least 5 yds away. The scheme is fine. The way they are being coached might not be.
    How is the scheme fine if we cant get TO's or sacks?

Remember when Ike and Gay used to blitz? We need to try something besides the same old same.

If the scheme is fine... why are we struggling? Please don't say talent because scheme shouldnt reply on top level talent at all times.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    On the long Matt Forte run I thought I saw 3 Steelers going for the ball instead of the tackle, none of them got the ball and it resulted in a very long run which could have been much shorter. OTOH it seems like many times in the last year I've seen Ryan Clark so zoned in on killing the receiver that he never tries for what look like they could be INTs.

We play the I N T S, Jets,Jets,Jets next. It think we'll finally see some turnovers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    On the long Matt Forte run I thought I saw 3 Steelers going for the ball instead of the tackle, none of them got the ball and it resulted in a very long run which could have been much shorter. OTOH it seems like many times in the last year I've seen Ryan Clark so zoned in on killing the receiver that he never tries for what look like they could be INTs.

We play the I N T S, Jets,Jets,Jets next. It think we'll finally see some turnovers.
    Most nfl defenders can tackle the man and the ball... the attempt to tackle Forte was weak.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All streaks come to an end, just like our losing streak will. Look at TBrady's streak of a TD pass in 52 or whatever consecutive games. I am thanking the Bengals for stopping that one, and just in time. He was about to break the record and then we would have had to listen to all the ignorant 'Greatest of All Time' talk on ESPN.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.