Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Taylor Lewan our 2014 Draft Pick at #9

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm praying to God that Levi Brown is the answer. At 29 years of age, he has some tread left on the tires. Plus he's out of Penn State, and I think there is some kinda karma that goes along with having Staters on the team that coinside with Superbowls, if I'm not mistaken.

All superstition aside, I would rather take a stud NT. I like Mcclendon more as a DE opposite Heyward. Get rid of Hood. Have Fangupo back up the Rookie and still have Keisel there as a backup with great leadership. Then a shutdown CB in round 2. Ike will be 34 next year. And while he can still play, this team blew it with letting Keenan Lewis go. A CB in the first 2 rounds is a must next year. I like the LB core we have right now. They need a little help upfront and at CB. I think Troy has some good years left. Not so sure about Clark, though(35yrs old next year). I feel like Golden and Thomas are nice prospects. Don't know if either can replace Clark, though. If not, then we need to address that position in the draft as well.

As for the offense, I would like to see Pouncey take the LG position so that the offensive line would be Brown-Pouncey-Velasco-DDC- and whoever wins the RT spot between Adams,Gilbert,Foster and Beachum. I think we have a winner in Bell at RB. Nice depth with Dwyer and Felix Jones right now. Look to add better depth in the draft. I'm a little sceptical about the WR group. I like Antonio Brown. I like Derek Moye(wish they would play him more). I think Wheaton will be nice. I don't see Sanders or Cotchery in a Steeler uniform next year. I liked those two dudes we picked up this past draft. I think there last names were Woods and Brown. Could use a nice gold nugget find at TE in the draft next year as well.

Just curious how the smarter posters on this site feel about some of these comments.

Rookie

User Info Menu

You know, I hesitate to even speculate right now...

Things have been so consistent with this team that little has changed...

The first quarter of this football season has been an unmitigated disaster...if the other three quarters continue in this fashion, I think there will be (must be) big changes amongst the players and coaching staff...

If the season continue like it has, I don't think anything is necessarily off the table...I do think that Tomlin and Colbert will be given the chance to turn things around, but beyond that, I have no idea...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    How is it that every year Dub finds a way to trade everyone for a couple of draft picks?
    He would trade his first born and a kidney for a draft pick and he would waste it on some bum of a QB like AJ.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I we are out of the top 5...give me this guy.

Sammy+Watkins+North+Carolina+v+Clemson+lJucxXoFQBIl.jpg

However...I too, also hope that Brown pans out here so we can avoid getting another Offensive tackle in the first two rounds. However...I wouldn't mind Lewan at all! Michigan boy, M GO BLUE!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Even if Brown pans out, I'd be fine with another OT. The Steelers have rarely been in a position to draft a franchise LT. If they can, I think they have to go for it, and move Brown to RT or OG.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I we are out of the top 5...give me this guy.

Sammy+Watkins+North+Carolina+v+Clemson+lJucxXoFQBIl.jpg

However...I too, also hope that Brown pans out here so we can avoid getting another Offensive tackle in the first two rounds. However...I wouldn't mind Lewan at all! Michigan boy, M GO BLUE!
    Isn't that the WR with all the personality and off the field issues?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm still banking on 12-4. But if we for some reason stunk up the rest of this season and end up with a high pick, I'd try to trade down. I'd rather pick up some more picks. I would like to see the team add a pass receiving TE to compliment Heath. Maybe add a big physical WR too.

I'd also be looking to add a CB, NT, MLB, and S.

I'd just take the best player available off the board. I wouldn't use premium picks on big uglies. I'd bring in better guys to evaluate talent and get better guys on day 2 and 3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He would trade his first born and a kidney for a draft pick and he would waste it on some bum of a QB like AJ.
    So A.J. McCarron is a bum? Really? When this season is over and done he will have his 3rd BCS National Championship, more huge games played in (SEC), than probably any college QB in the history of college football, and in the majority of those games has excelled and shown great leadership ability. This is a QB who has completed 66.9% of his passes over his 4 years at Alabama. He has thrown 55 TD's to only 11 INT's over that same span. 40 career games as a QB and only 11 career INT's?. Think about that.

But I get it. He's a bum to you.

And for the millionth time, this idea of mine is not to get "a" draft pick but to get several. Or no deal.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Dee, I agree with you. Sometimes I worry about Felt. We may need to schedule an intervention or something.
    McCarren is the real deal. The guy can throw the ball.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dee, I agree with you. Sometimes I worry about Felt. We may need to schedule an intervention or something.
    McCarren is the real deal. The guy can throw the ball.
    Yep...and there has been talk that like Montana when he was at Notre Dame, who threw the ball on average of about 15 passes a game, McCarron has not really been groomed as a passer. Or at least they haven't maximized his grow potential.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash