Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OT Taylor Lewan our 2014 Draft Pick at #9

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If he is the real deal, in a league that is focused on the QB, I don't see him being available in the second round.

If you are going to trade a franchise QB, you need to make sure you are getting one in the draft. This team looks bad with Ben. Without Ben, the Steelers would be in an even stronger fight with the Jags for worst in the NFL.
    You have never seen me advocate trading Ben.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

All I want in the draft is a LT that can defend every every blade of grass between the defender and our QB.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If he is the real deal, in a league that is focused on the QB, I don't see him being available in the second round.

If you are going to trade a franchise QB, you need to make sure you are getting one in the draft. This team looks bad with Ben. Without Ben, the Steelers would be in an even stronger fight with the Jags for worst in the NFL.
    I am the one who thinks it is in the best interests of this franchise to trade Ben this off season...but hold on....here it is....please everyone read this real slowly....

I would only trade Ben if we were to get a Herchel Walker type trade in return. I think there is a chance a team (desperate to win), will make such an offer. Like Arizona. They already know they aren't going anywhere with Carson Palmer. They have many pieces in place except for the most important one....franchise QB. And since they have as their head coach Ben's former coordinator, a guy he had a very close relationship with, they may believe a desperate move is worth it.

Here is what I think they could get in return.

Arizona's 1st round pick 2014 (possible 6-10 pick)
    Arizona's 2nd round pick 2014 (possible 38-42 pick)
    CB Patrick Peterson (one of the best in the game)

And I am sorry but you must not be paying attention to what the hype is in college QB's heading for this upcoming draft.

Teddy Bridgwater
    Marcus Mariota
    Brett Hundley
    Tajh Boyd
    Johnny Manziel

All of these Qb's are the latest craze, read option QB's. All are rated as the top 5. The first 4 are projected 1st rounders. None of these QB's fit the style of play that is what the Steelers look to have at the QB position. AJ McCarronn does. He is considered a 2nd round pick now but I believe that may change or may not because of the read option craze. Regardless, another thing you are not paying attention too is this is a different era. We are seeing a boat load of second round and beyond franchise QB's lately.

Geno Smith
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Russell Wilson

QB's today are being groomed to throw the ball and run these read option offense all way down to PEE WEE Football. They are so much ahead of the game than they ever have been. And they are more prepared to give a return right away. And this read option craze is feeding it. But in the case of the Steelers, who wont draft one of them. A 3 time BCS Champion (more than likely to be I should say), pocket passer will fall into their laps in round 2. And the way things are going, that could be pick number 33, 34,or 35. Just outside the 1st round.

One mans thrash is another mans come-op!!

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB[/URL]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash