Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Will Brown Play LT?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Will Brown Play LT?

    In the long tradition of the board wanting to move people to another position (see Colon, Willie), I can't help but wonder - is Brown being brought in to play LT? Is it possible that Beachum will go to LT with Brown to LG? Is Foster's injury more serious than was reported?

    I don't know how quick Brown is, but I could see him as a massive road grader type at OG.

    I doubt this really happens, but figured I'd throw it out there.

  2. #2
    I would think that they would try Beachum at LT first before bringing a career LT in as a guard. They will be plugging him in and praying at LT.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I would think that they would try Beachum at LT first before bringing a career LT in as a guard. They will be plugging him in and praying at LT.
    i woudl think they would try beachum at GUARD and not make Levi have to go through a position switch...that's probably what you meant...??

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i woudl think they would try beachum at GUARD and not make Levi have to go through a position switch...that's probably what you meant...??
    Yeah, what I was trying to say was that if they were moving Beachum then they would have tried it first before making a trade. If they made the trade then he is playing tackle. Now we just have to settle LG and RT...before focusing on LT again very soon.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,321
    If the Steelers are super lucky, Brown will be a huge improvement over Adams, much like Mesko has been over Butler...wait...what....

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,039
    We didn't trade for Brown so he could play guard (though that is likely his best position).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    We didn't trade for Brown so he could play guard (though that is likely his best position).
    Guard will be his position next year after we draft a rookie LT.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Guard will be his position next year after we draft a rookie LT.
    Bingo. No way the Steelers pass on this years top LT talent. Good year to be drafting high. 4-5 solid LTs, two I would consider elite.

  9. #9
    Starter Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bingo. No way the Steelers pass on this years top LT talent. Good year to be drafting high. 4-5 solid LTs, two I would consider elite.
    If anything...I am going to think this slammed the door shut on Matthews or Lewan. I'd still prefer Boyd or Watkins from Clemson.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    If anything...I am going to think this slammed the door shut on Matthews or Lewan. I'd still prefer Boyd or Watkins from Clemson.

    1) We still have another turd of an OT to replace.

    2) Levi Brown is also a turd.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •