Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ravens Trade for LT Eugene Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I believe that the remainder of his signing bonus charge gets immediately accelerated onto this year's cap for the Cardinals when they trade him, but I'm not sure about how that effects the team he is going to. Do we just get charged with his base salary against our cap going forward?
    see, that was my thought... and if this is true, we get the guy for "base salary" as a salary hit - that's dayum cheap...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Would Redman be cap relief? If so, I'd buy him a bus ticket back home ASAP.
    I 100% would support finally getting rid of the "illusion" that Redman is as a good RB.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I'd keep the linemen - they were already short due to injury - can't see ditching gilbert or adams at this point.. Levi's just another sucky tackle to fight with them.
    I agree with your comment about Brown as subpar lineman overall... but if cutting Adams would provide significant relief, I'd seriously consider that too (and thus, maybe be able to maybe swing another trade to fill a need).

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Looks like Baltimore gave up at 2014 4th and 5th rounder for Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I believe that the remainder of his signing bonus charge gets immediately accelerated onto this year's cap for the Cardinals when they trade him, but I'm not sure about how that effects the team he is going to. Do we just get charged with his base salary against our cap going forward?
    Yes...We are only charged his salary and if there are upcoming bonuses such as roster bonus, workout bonus etc.