Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Did you even watch the games? It was obvious that there was a significant drop-off in Ben's performance after coming back from the injury...and an accompanying drop-off in the production of the offense. Not that the play-calling was ever great, but there wasn't that much difference in it from pre-Ben-injury to post-Ben-injury. What changed the most was Ben's performance. He was obviously not 100%.

    Not that I love Haley. If I was Tomlin, I'd fire him yesterday, and try some major offensive changes. He needs to do something to shake up this sinking ship.
    So, are we blaming the bad start this year on Ben's injury still? Or is there some other excuse we're making for Haley's ineffectivness?

    Just saying, if i showed up on a new job and things all went to hell in MY part of the operation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it a year and a half...


    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The truth is Ben is on pace to pass for nearly 5000 yards.
    now i ask are YOU f'ing watching the games? Most of Ben's yardage comes after Haley's spent 3 quarters calling sucky-@ss plays and ben goes to the no huddle because they're losing because of the sucky-@ss plays Haley called. Ben proceeds to march them up the field 2-or-3 times in the hurry up trying to catch up from the sucky-@ass plays that have been called. Ben almost gets them there, but, falls just short. Darnit, had there not been so many sucky-@ss plays, the team just may have won that one, too... Rinse, Repeat next week
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 10-08-2013 at 11:52 AM.

  2. #122
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,578
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    So, are we blaming the bad start this year on Ben's injury still? Or is there some other excuse we're making for Haley's ineffectivness?

    Just saying, if i showed up on a new job and things all went to hell in MY part of the operation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it a year and a half...



    now i ask are YOU f'ing watching the games? Most of Ben's yardage comes after Haley's spent 3 quarters calling sucky-@ss plays and ben goes to the no huddle because they're losing because of the sucky-@ss plays Haley called. Ben proceeds to march them up the field 2-or-3 times in the hurry up trying to catch up from the sucky-@ass plays that have been called. Ben almost gets them there, but, falls just short. Darnit, had there not been so many sucky-@ss plays, the team just may have won that one, too... Rinse, Repeat next week
    What I've noticed is that we tend to give up a TO or a quick TD right away and are stuck playing from behind (unless it's 2-0).
    Alot of people have a job 1 1/2 years after creating a clusterf.... look at the president.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    So, are we blaming the bad start this year on Ben's injury still? Or is there some other excuse we're making for Haley's ineffectivness?

    Just saying, if i showed up on a new job and things all went to hell in MY part of the operation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it a year and a half...
    If you had read my post, you would have noticed that I said I'm not thrilled with Haley, and would fire him. However, it was obvious from watching the games in 2012 that the difference between the offense pre-Ben's injury and post-Ben's injury could not all be attributed to Haley. I'm not blaming the bad start this year on Ben's injury, and Haley certainly shares a big part of the blame.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    now i ask are YOU f'ing watching the games? Most of Ben's yardage comes after Haley's spent 3 quarters calling sucky-@ss plays and ben goes to the no huddle because they're losing because of the sucky-@ss plays Haley called. Ben proceeds to march them up the field 2-or-3 times in the hurry up trying to catch up from the sucky-@ass plays that have been called. Ben almost gets them there, but, falls just short. Darnit, had there not been so many sucky-@ss plays, the team just may have won that one, too... Rinse, Repeat next week
    I'm watching...are you? You say that most of Ben's yardage comes in the 4th quarter? Sorry, not true. Against the Bears, through 3 quarters, we ran 29 pass plays and 16 running plays, and Ben passed for 285 yards. Against the Vikes, through 3 quarters, we ran 33 pass plays and 20 running plays, and Ben passed for 233 yards. For those two games, that's attempting to pass on over 60% of plays, with an average of 345 passing yards gained per game--a pace of over 5000 yards for a 16-game season. My point was not that that means great offense, but it's definitely NOT the 70's, yinzer, run-heavy attack that some charge it is.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 10-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What I've noticed is that we tend to give up a TO or a quick TD right away and are stuck playing from behind (unless it's 2-0).
    Alot of people have a job 1 1/2 years after creating a clusterf.... look at the president.
    Good points.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What I've noticed is that we tend to give up a TO or a quick TD right away and are stuck playing from behind (unless it's 2-0).
    Alot of people have a job 1 1/2 years after creating a clusterf.... look at the president.
    Hell, look at the two presidents prior to him...

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What I've noticed is that we tend to give up a TO or a quick TD right away and are stuck playing from behind (unless it's 2-0).
    Alot of people have a job 1 1/2 years after creating a clusterf.... look at the president.
    au contraire... the president inherited a clusterf from Mr "Strategery", the dumbest president we ever had; but, to your point, he also got more than a year and a half...


  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm watching...are you? You say that most of Ben's yardage comes in the 4th quarter? Sorry, not true. Against the Bears, through 3 quarters, we ran 29 pass plays and 16 running plays, and Ben passed for 285 yards. Against the Vikes, through 3 quarters, we ran 33 pass plays and 20 running plays, and Ben passed for 233 yards. For those two games, that's attempting to pass on over 60% of plays, with an average of 345 passing yards gained per game--a pace of over 5000 yards for a 16-game season. My point was not that that means great offense, but it's definitely NOT the 70's, yinzer, run-heavy attack that some charge it is.
    This is true...

    Haley has made the changes that the fans have called for after the first game...putting the ball in Big Ben's hands more often...

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm watching...are you? You say that most of Ben's yardage comes in the 4th quarter? Sorry, not true. Against the Bears, through 3 quarters, we ran 29 pass plays and 16 running plays, and Ben passed for 285 yards. Against the Vikes, through 3 quarters, we ran 33 pass plays and 20 running plays, and Ben passed for 233 yards. For those two games, that's attempting to pass on over 60% of plays, with an average of 345 passing yards gained per game--a pace of over 5000 yards for a 16-game season. My point was not that that means great offense, but it's definitely NOT the 70's, yinzer, run-heavy attack that some charge it is.
    you're pulling raw numbers... did you watch that bears game you mentioned 3 quarters... we trailed HUGE and EARLY... and had to pass more to get back in it -- often in no huddle drives -- only to fall away again in the last few minutes.

    You say you'd fire him, but, then you defend him with stats that are misleading... unlike many, I'm not saying it's the 70's offense... simply that the offensive plays are poor in design and lack creativity. I sat in the stands at the Bears game going, "great, down by 2 scores and another run on first... try a pass". When they did, it was successful more times than not and helped them get back into the game.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMick7 View Post
    Roethlisberger by quarters

    Attempts

    1: 35

    2: 39

    3: 31

    4: 72

    Yards

    1: 205

    2: 319

    3: 225

    4: 478

    The entire structure of the offense is bad. When #85 and #46 are on the field a combined 34 of your first 53 plays? That's not good.

    Then they get behind in the 4th quarter, #85 and #46 go to the bench where they belong, and lo and behold? The offense moves the ball.
    WOW... JUST... WOW

    on a side note, the 2nd quarter is a little higher because of 2 minute drives to end the half... where Ben calls his own plays...

  10. #130
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMick7 View Post
    Watch, the FIRST TIME Sunday, when the Steelers have #83, #85, and #46 on the field at the same time? They'll throw. Because Haley thinks, that you think, they are going to run.
    I'm not sure this is just a Haley thing. A lot of OC's like to pass out of jumbo packages because of the defensive match ups. I'd try to get Brown the ball in these situations because he's such a good open field runner.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •