Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Hybrid View

Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

The Cardinals have agreed to terms on a trade that will send LT Levi Brown to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...vi-brown-deal/

There’s suddenly a left tackle arms race in the AFC North.
    After the Ravens made a move last night to getEugene Monroe off the Jaguars, the Steelers are trying to keep pace.
    According to Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com, the Steelers and Cardinals are “hammering out” a trade which would sendLevi Brown to the Steelers. A league source tells PFT the deal is done, pending a physical.
    The Steelers have clearly been dissatisfied with their tackle play all year, rotatingKelvin Beachum in for both Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert.
    Cardinals coach Bruce Arians referred to Brown as an “elite” left tackle this offseason, but must not feel that way after a month of regular season games.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler
    I saw what the rats did this morning and I was thinking to myself - there's a team not afraid to address a problem. I hope this is true - although it certainly smacks of desperation on the part of the steelers.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    When I heard about the Ravens trading for Eugene Munroe this morning for multiple day 3 darft picks, I thought that was something we should have done, but then I thought it might have been impossible due to our cap situation. I wonder how Levi is going to fit within our cap structure?

3/15/2012: Signed a five-year, $30 million contract. The deal contains $8 million guaranteed -- a $7 million signing bonus and Brown's first-year base salary. Brown is eligible for an annual $250,000 workout bonus throughout the contract's life. 2013: $4.75 million, 2014: $6 million, 2015-2016: $5 million, 2017: Free Agent

Quote .......
    ......but anyone watching Cardinals film has seen Brown pop off the screen as a massive liability........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...brown-of-cards

We better not give up a top draft pick for this or i will be pissed.......damit

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Quote .......
    ......but anyone watching Cardinals film has seen Brown pop off the screen as a massive liability........

EXACTLY what i've been thinking for the last 10 minutes... "I bet we gave up a 2nd..." Anything higher than a 4th is too much, IMO... top 3 round should be off-limits for this guy.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    EXACTLY what i've been thinking for the last 10 minutes... "I bet we gave up a 2nd..." Anything higher than a 4th is too much, IMO... top 3 round should be off-limits for this guy.
    Since we already traded away our 3rd rounder, it has to be a day 3 pick. No way we trade a 2nd for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Since we already traded away our 3rd rounder, it has to be a day 3 pick. No way we trade a 2nd for this guy.
    i hope not... nor a 2015 FIRST rounder - lol

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What happen to our 3rd rounder? fill me in?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Quote .......

It's called desperation while we still have a very narrow window to make the play offs by hopefully winning 10 games. We weren't going to come close to doing that with the OL we had on the field the first four games. Even if Brown is just a middle of the pack Left Tackle that is significantly better than what we have now. If he plays at the Max Starks level I'll be thrilled.

The one downside is that there will rpobably be significant salary cap juggling to make this happen. That means being hamstrung even worse by the cap going forward.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Florio says we are giving "late round" stuff up for him! If that is the case, what a relief of a pick this will be. I don't care about Brown's failures in AZ, he has to be a significant upgrade over Adams.