Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    5 pages and not one mention of Brown unleashing hell when he gets here or him being ready to go vs the Jets b/c The Standard is the Standard. This board is 0-4....
    We've gotten below-the-line work and that's the reality of it," Tomlin said. "It needs to be above the line and we'll turn over any stone in order for that to happen.
    ^^ I wonder if Levi Brown fits the athletic o-lineman mold for what we were all lead to believe, the new zone blocking scheme required. Isn't that why Starks was released?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    ^^ I wonder if Levi Brown fits the athletic o-lineman mold for what we were all lead to believe, the new zone blocking scheme required. Isn't that why Starks was released?
    I thought Starks was released because sucks even worse than Adams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why are people bent out of shape with Florio's desperation comment? Take a chill pill!

We needed to make a move, and we did. If we hadn't, that would be much worse. Doesn't bother me what anyone calls it - we're doing what we can to improve. Can't ask for more than that.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I thought Starks was released because sucks even worse than Adams.
    as has been said many times on this forum before... starks >>>> Adams

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Starks just got real bad in the off-season. Not the first time that's happened. Did we let him go before training camp, or after?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    as has been said many times on this forum before... starks >>>> Adams
    At one time, sure. Not anymore. Starks seems to be doing his own personal tour of NFL cities now. He's free, but the team that knows him better than anyone passed him up. Heck, the Ravens passed him up too.

Legend

User Info Menu

At one time, sure. Not anymore. Starks seems to be doing his own personal tour of NFL cities now. He's free, but the team that knows him better than anyone passed him up. Heck, the Ravens passed him up too.
    I like Starks, but he looked awful in the few plays I saw against the 49ers. I still think he (or anybody else) would be an improvement over Whimper, who the coaching staff is afraid to put in the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    The Cardinals have agreed to terms on a trade that will send LT Levi Brown to the Steelers.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/02/report-steelers-cards-working-on-levi-brown-deal/[/URL]
    Ravens got the better deal...again!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Never say never. While Starks has issues, I will say he seems to step up his level of play when he is protecting his friend Ben. Maybe he just needs that kinda focus
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Never say never. While Starks has issues, I will say he seems to step up his level of play when he is protecting his friend Ben. Maybe he just needs that kinda focus
    I'm not saying never. The Steelers appear to be. My guess is that Starks' problems are more than psychological.