Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Have you watched the first four games? Do you think desperation was not warranted? Really?

Ben would have been injured by game #8 if we didn't do something. Ben injured and we are definitely in the running for a Top 10 draft pick.
    Desperation? Not really. Anyone thinking this is a Super Bowl caliber team is deceiving themselves. So, with that in mind the Steelers need to have a solid draft and pick up some solid mid range free agents in the offseason to fill some gaps. To give up draft picks for a near lateral move is silly...IMO. Now if Brown is better than advertised...well ok. But, as it stands this moves is desperate and reeks of something the Browns or Bengals would have done several years ago.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Brown probably won't play against the Jets, because he'll be below the bar from a preparation standpoint, I expect him to play after the Jets game.

Pappy
    You have been posting well below the bar of preparation for years. But, do we discriminate? No.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If this guy raises both arms and just waves them in the face of the DE it's an improvement over what the Steelers put on the field as well as the guy they dressed but were terrified to allow on the field.
    You might have a point.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You have been posting well below the bar of preparation for years. But, do we discriminate? No.
    Touche

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I have faith that our Online coaches will have him blocking like Adams in time for the next game

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

lol...FF. Dare to dream.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

5 pages and not one mention of Brown unleashing hell when he gets here or him being ready to go vs the Jets b/c The Standard is the Standard. This board is 0-4....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    on a side note - not that Adams has been good - he hasn't... but, many guys have struggled to block Jared Allen... just sayin'
    that's what I'm thinking... good LT's struggled against Allen. Adams struggling vs Allen in England isn't the end of the world IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

hopefully this trade will light a fire under Brown, and he will finally begin to live up to his potential. Maybe he will be one of those guys like Max Starks that finally develops in the later stages of his career...and lives up to the hype. If we can get a few good years out of him, it'll be a good signing.

I say move him into the LT position and let Brown and Gilbert compete for the RT position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    5 pages and not one mention of Brown unleashing hell when he gets here or him being ready to go vs the Jets b/c The Standard is the Standard. This board is 0-4....
    I have no doubt Brown will "unleash hell", Big Ben is going to get his head knocked off. Course, I doubt it could be any worse than it is now.
    Trolls are people too.