Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just read a few Cardinals boards. 99% thrilled with the move. They say Brown signature move is getting beaten by quickness and then standing and watching the play with his hands on his hips. Awesome.

Further, there are reports now that his contract was not renegotiated. I don't get this move. This team should be shedding salary, not packing it on. We are truly in cap hell with a terrible team. This is about as almost as bad as it gets.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Hopefully the he agreed to restructure his contract to join the Steelers. But...........probably not.
    nooooooo.... then, we'd owe him a new signing bonus... as it stands, that's mostly AZ's problem..

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Bouchette, this reeks of desperation. If it's an improvement, its not much of one. Giving up a pick for a guy who should be no better than a back up is problematic. We need all the picks we can get.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!!! I like the move shows we are not rolling over dead.... only 2 games back! Now lets see what brown can deliever....

But on other note, I was thinking in the preseason when they flipped Gilbert and Adams, was thinking why...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Why not wait to see what happens before judging the trade.
    Something had to be done and they did it.
    At least they're acknowledging that somethings wrong.
    Man are you people ever FN satisfied?
    This is correct. If they put Adams out there for the next game...or Whimper...the board would break...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with Bouchette, this reeks of desperation. If it's an improvement, its not much of one. Giving up a pick for a guy who should be no better than a back up is problematic. We need all the picks we can get.
    The Steelers should have plenty of comp picks next year. Hopefully this pick was something like a conditional 6th or 7th. If we lose out on the next Justin Brown or whoever, I'm not too worried about it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    They say Brown signature move is getting beaten by quickness and then standing and watching the play with his hands on his hips. Awesome.
    We aleady have that guy. We see him every Sunday.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Have you watched the first four games? Do you think desperation was not warranted? Really?

Ben would have been injured by game #8 if we didn't do something. Ben injured and we are definitely in the running for a Top 10 draft pick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

If this guy raises both arms and just waves them in the face of the DE it's an improvement over what the Steelers put on the field as well as the guy they dressed but were terrified to allow on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown probably won't play against the Jets, because he'll be below the bar from a preparation standpoint, I expect him to play after the Jets game.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount