Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This.

Rather than gameplan on how to protect the LT, the Steelers can now gameplan to beat the defense.
    we never game planned or adjusted to protect the LT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and more than likely we will pass on the next Revis, Peterson or Willis if we draft LT.
    We pass on pass on the next Revis, Peterson or Willis to draft LT?
    Which LT, Taylor or Tomlinson?

Either way I'm down with that.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There was a play where Peppers drove Adams back 10 yards with ease 2 weeks ago. That one play concerned me more about Adams than any of the times he was off balance, flat footed, or slow. He's also just not very strong. I wonder if he lost some strength when he got stabbed? But right now I just don't see anything in his game that can be salvaged long term. It's like he's the Ziggy Hood of our offense.
    Dude did 19 reps on the bench press at the combine. We just drafted a SAFETY who did 28. I know it is just weights but NINETEEN? Not impressive.

I HOPE he has not LOST strength.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dude did 19 reps on the bench press at the combine. We just drafted a SAFETY who did 28. I know it is just weights but NINETEEN? Not impressive.

This could be a sign that his laziness translates into the weight room. I don't like it...but I think he still has an opportunity to turn it around if he can get his head straight.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you guys realize bench reps has alot to do with arm length, right?

shark doesn't have to push it as high as adams, hence the difference. Not that I want to to defend adams as he has been pathetic. Still have hope for him at RT as stupid as that sounds right now.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bench Press is a really weird gauge for some of these big guys, because their arms are so long, and Bench pressing is much harder the taller you are, because different muscles apply at different points. (only about the first 6" of a bench press are on your chest muscles, then its triceps)

For instance, the LT that the Ravens got (which is a really ****ing good LT) only put up 23 on the bench.

As you stated with Shamarko, Troy put up 31 on the bench.

With some of these guys its really, really wierd.

That Said, I think Adams needs to be stronger. Gonna be a real test to his character, if he can take this benching, and spend the time he is benched in the weight room and the film room honing his craft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys realize bench reps has alot to do with arm length, right?

shark doesn't have to push it as high as adams, hence the difference. Not that I want to to defend adams as he has been pathetic. Still have hope for him at RT as stupid as that sounds right now.
    Yes I know this. Guys like Shipley and Legursky put up beastly numbers with the short arm advantage.

Nevertheless typically tackles are SO MUCH STRONGER that a typical tackle can do more reps than a safety. Granted we have some freaky strong safetys but still THAT disparity aint good.

But 19 is just not impressive regardless arm length. At the tackle position where pretty much EVERYONE has long arms 19 is still WAY on the extreme low side.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes I know this. Guys like Shipley and Legursky put up beastly numbers with the short arm advantage.

Nevertheless typically tackles are SO MUCH STRONGER that a typical tackle can do more reps than a safety. Granted we have some freaky strong safetys but still THAT disparity aint good.

But 19 is just not impressive regardless arm length. At the tackle position where pretty much EVERYONE has long arms 19 is still WAY on the extreme low side.
    BTW Cordy Glen in that same draft has longer arms freakishly long and did 31 reps.

19 was among the fewest among ALL Olinemen in his class.

TCFCLTC-

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Was he really though flip? I don't know; I'm asking. He sounds pretty bad, and lets be honest--he is what he is. I do give credence to the Haley connection, with Haley (knowing his own job is on the line) having a strong sense of urgency at this point... I can't imagine him signing off on bringing in some dead weight (assuming worst-case scenario with Brown).
    Are you implying that Haley is making personnel decisions?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some heads need to role for this mess at LT position. 2nd most important position on the O-side after QB.

BTW this has happened twice...Jonathan Scott and now Mike Adams.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT