Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spyboots View Post
    Haley probably vouched for Levi Brown. Wasn't Brown there when Haley was?
    Yes. Levi was the Cards' 5th overall pick in 2007 (they passed on guys like Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, and Darrelle Revis there...D'Oh!) and Haley was the O.C. in Arizona in 2007 and 2008. Brown played in 13 games (starting 11) as a rookie in Haley's offense, then started all 16 games in year two (which culminated in their loss to us in SBXLIII).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yes. Levi was the Cards' 5th overall pick in 2007 (they passed on guys like Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, and Darrelle Revis there...D'Oh!) and Haley was the O.C. in Arizona in 2007 and 2008. Brown played in 13 games (starting 11) as a rookie in Haley's offense, then started all 16 games in year two (which culminated in their loss to us in SBXLIII).
    ..and more than likely we will pass on the next Revis, Peterson or Willis if we draft LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and more than likely we will pass on the next Revis, Peterson or Willis if we draft LT.
    That's OK though, IMO - we can win the next SB without a Willis, Revis, etc., but we can't with B3n in a body Kast.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    That's OK though, IMO - we can win the next SB without a Willis, Revis, etc., but we can't with B3n in a body Kast.
    Good point.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

It would have been funny if the Steelers traded for Max Starks.

Seriously though, this is a lateral move but they had to do something.

Legend

User Info Menu

All I am reading is that the Steelers are not giving up on Adams, but merely giving him an opportunity to sit and work on his game without the pressure of Sunday afternoons. As most describe, he is an outstanding athlete and just needs to master the mental aspects. Sometimes the light takes a little longer to turn on for a guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    All I am reading is that the Steelers are not giving up on Adams, but merely giving him an opportunity to sit and work on his game without the pressure of Sunday afternoons. As most describe, he is an outstanding athlete and just needs to master the mental aspects. Sometimes the light takes a little longer to turn on for a guy.
    It's a good plan. I haven't given up on him yet, either.

Duane Brown was awful as a rookie - I remember him getting abused by James Harrison. Not saying that Adams is close, but OTs can take time to develop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There was a play where Peppers drove Adams back 10 yards with ease 2 weeks ago. That one play concerned me more about Adams than any of the times he was off balance, flat footed, or slow. He's also just not very strong. I wonder if he lost some strength when he got stabbed? But right now I just don't see anything in his game that can be salvaged long term. It's like he's the Ziggy Hood of our offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers can't wait for "what they think Adams can be" at 0-4...They need to stop the bleeding now. Brown right NOW may be the best LT on the roster. Simply...His experience in this league makes him better than Adams or Beachum. That is what the Steelers need right now. Once he gets up to speed on the playbook I expect him to start. Brown won't heal all the woes on the OL but he can set the direction of focus based on play calling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    The Steelers can't wait for "what they think Adams can be" at 0-4...They need to stop the bleeding now. Brown right NOW may be the best LT on the roster. Simply...His experience in this league makes him better than Adams or Beachum. That is what the Steelers need right now. Once he gets up to speed on the playbook I expect him to start. Brown won't heal all the woes on the OL but he can set the direction of focus based on play calling.
    This.

Rather than gameplan on how to protect the LT, the Steelers can now gameplan to beat the defense.