2014 NFL Draft
1) Cyrus Kouandjio-OT Alabama
2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins-TE Washington
3) Jared Abbrederis-WR Wisconsin (the next Hines Ward)
4) Calvin Barnett-DT Oklahoma
5) Marcus Williams- DB North Dakota State (Best DB you haven't heard of)
6) Venric Mark-RB/WR Northwestern
It would have been funny if the Steelers traded for Max Starks.
Seriously though, this is a lateral move but they had to do something.
All I am reading is that the Steelers are not giving up on Adams, but merely giving him an opportunity to sit and work on his game without the pressure of Sunday afternoons. As most describe, he is an outstanding athlete and just needs to master the mental aspects. Sometimes the light takes a little longer to turn on for a guy.
The Steelers can't wait for "what they think Adams can be" at 0-4...They need to stop the bleeding now. Brown right NOW may be the best LT on the roster. Simply...His experience in this league makes him better than Adams or Beachum. That is what the Steelers need right now. Once he gets up to speed on the playbook I expect him to start. Brown won't heal all the woes on the OL but he can set the direction of focus based on play calling.