Thread: Do We Have Too Many RTs?

Legend

User Info Menu

Do We Have Too Many RTs?

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I feel like we have 5 RTs on the OLine in Gilby, Adams, Brown, Beachum, and Foster. And it feels like we've just got guys out of position across the board.

I'm not sure why we couldn't stick with Foster/Adams on the right which seemed to be working last year. DD's pulling seems better suited to the left. I think Beachum/Gilby should be competing with Foster for the RG spot because those 2 have a little more agility/quickness.

And then I'd probably just go with Brown at LT because we've tried almost every other option with limited success.

At the same time, the O has been getting into a bit of a groove and changing so much up at this point would put us back at ground 0.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've said it before. Too much focus on position flexibility, not enough on making sure a player is the best that he could be at his own position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I've said it before. Too much focus on position flexibility, not enough on making sure a player is the best that he could be at his own position.
    Agree. Position flexibility is great for a backup like Beachum (a 7th rounder) or an UDFA (like Foster was).

But it would be great to have good players along the line who excelled at one position.