Thread: You know it's bad in Steeler nation...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You know it's bad in Steeler nation...

When NFL Network interview Brian Hoyer, and the host told him that it look like a three team race in the AFC North.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Hoyer should be a Steeler right now instead of a Brown. We signed him late last year when Leftwich got hurt. Should have put Leftwich on I.R. and kept Hoyer around for the offseason. Then we could have had Ben, Gradkowski, and Hoyer as our 3 QB's, and taken FS Philip Thomas instead of QB Landry Jones (or just take Shamarko with the Landry pick and kept our 2014 third rounder).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hoyer should be a Steeler right now instead of a Brown. We signed him late last year when Leftwich got hurt. Should have put Leftwich on I.R. and kept Hoyer around for the offseason. Then we could have had Ben, Gradkowski, and Hoyer as our 3 QB's, and taken FS Philip Thomas instead of QB Landry Jones (or just take Shamarko with the Landry pick and kept our 2014 third rounder).
    In retrospect, Gradkowski's money would have probably been better spent on another position in FA. We coulda just carried Ben and Hoyer as our QBs and called up Charlie in an emergency situation. I'm still not sure of the value of having 3 QBs on the 53.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did not see any of their Cincy victory, but I watched a lot of the Minnesota game and Hoyer looked really good. He stood in, made some great throws, and brought them back after giving up a nice lead.

If you look objectively at the division, right now Cleveland is playing the best football.