Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help - forum access problem :-(

Legend

User Info Menu

please help - forum access problem :-(

Hi - I think my home router is blocking planet steelers!

Android phone - no problem w/ access using Verizon.

Laptop at work - no problem w/ access.

Same laptop at home - connection times out, Firefox and IE.

Desktop at home -connection times out, Firefox and IE.

No internet problems at home at all except for planetsteelers.

I use a wireless router at home.

can anyone help me troubleshoot please? I'm out of my depth almost right away w/ these things!

thx

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I get blocked from home sometimes too. No idea why?

Legend

User Info Menu

It's happened to Chadman too. Question- have you lost power/server connection for any significant time recently?

The only thing Chadman could figure out is that after losing power during some storms, the site was simply unavailable. Last about 3-4 days, and the it was ok to go again. Very annoying situation.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It's happened to Chadman too. Question- have you lost power/server connection for any significant time recently?

The only thing Chadman could figure out is that after losing power during some storms, the site was simply unavailable. Last about 3-4 days, and the it was ok to go again. Very annoying situation.
    For me it's completely random sometimes. I can be in the middle of reading/posting and the site becomes unavailable for several days. The first time it happened, I just thought the site was down. Then I was out somewhere and checked on my phone and viola it worked. Then I tried at home and it was still down. I figured it was some random issue with Time Warner Cable (my ISP).

Legend

User Info Menu

Obviously the miniture men in the machines are having some workforce labour disputes.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I got blocked one time when I accessed the Planet on two separate devices on the same wireless router at home. john helped and got it resolved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for confirming that I'm not going crazy guys. OK, I guess you didn't actually do that, but thanks for responding with a history of similar issues.

It's completely crazy - after two days of not being able to access PlanetSteelers at all through my home wireless router, here I am doing just that. No storms, nothing changed except yesterday has turned into tomorrow, and it works now.

Dukie- do you remember what the fix was?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ive had it happen once or twice. I think I rebooted the computer and fixed it...or maybe it didn't...I forget actually but reboot is worth a try. That is the extent of my troubleshooting knowledge but it works 95% of the time.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not going crazy guys. OK, I guess you didn't actually do that, but thanks for responding with a history of similar issues.

It's completely crazy - after two days of not being able to access PlanetSteelers at all through my home wireless router, here I am doing just that. No storms, nothing changed except yesterday has turned into tomorrow, and it works now.

Dukie- do you remember what the fix was?
    Yes. The blockage was at the server for the site. Apparently, for whatever reason, when I logged onto the Planet from my home network with two devices, the server recognized my IP address as a problem of some sort, so it blocked me. Interesting that, while I could not get on with the two devices, a third device did get me onto the site one time after the other two devices would not work.

I googled the problem, and then communicated with John who runs Planet Steelers. He got my IP address cleared from the blockage list and then I was reset. Thanks John!

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, thanks again, Duke.

Anyone know - are IP addresses per router, or per computer? Are they fixed, or do they change?

I wonder if mine changes, because some days I get in fine, and some I don't.