Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kovacevic: Chaotic Steelers a bloody mess

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think its becoming apparent what a huge blow losing Pouncey was. But I would not say we have been rudderless since that event. We have been making moves to address our deficiencies on the OL and Im pretty happy with the 3 players we have been able to scrounge up. The bigger issue is why did we come into the season with only 6 viable NFL players up front? this ignores any potential contingency like season ending injury or someone not panning out. We had all off season to acquire and train a solid group of linemen that included some depth. Now with a little luck, Brown will work out, Adams just had a really bad game, and we could be up to 7 or 8 serviceable 'above the line' players.
    Being "Above the line" will all depend on high the line is set.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I enjoy his writing. He sure can be definitive, and also creative. I thought this article was interesting and spoke some hard truth. I also enjoy Collier's writing over at the PG.
    I used to. Still think this is cheap writing short on insight and taking pot shots at an easy target. But, I guess I am in the minority of one.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think its becoming apparent what a huge blow losing Pouncey was.
    Pouncey was replaced rather easily, IMO...and I don't see how our tackles would be playing any better if Pouncey was still in. If anything, I think we've seen that Pouncey has been somewhat overrated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I used to. Still think this is cheap writing short on insight and taking pot shots at an easy target. But, I guess I am in the minority of one.
    For the record, you aren't the only one. I agree with you on this one.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A minority of three...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=steelblood;577358]I used to. Still think this is cheap writing short on insight and taking pot shots at an easy target. But, I guess I am in the minority of one. [/QUOTE

It is all subjective judgment IMO. Your take on it is as valid as any.