Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace vs Lewis on MNF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Is that the rule? Because he is on a 3-1 team he is beyond any criticism?

He complained after a win about not being targeted.
    He complained in Pittsburgh that he doesn't focus when he doesn't get enough balls his way.
    He laid down last season, and only went after a ball that was perfectly laid into his hands.

The guy is a dangerous weapon...that is obvious. He is a factor even when the ball does not come his way because of the attention that the D must put on him and his deep speed. However, he is a selfish player who can only make a difference on a team that caters to him and performs everything else at a perfect level. He is not worth the trouble, and I am not upset that he is gone. Could we be better than 0-4 with him? Perhaps. Do I trust that he will "leave it all on the field" in an effort to win SB #7? No, not a chance. And as a Steelers fan, I am not so starved for success that I strive for them to improve to 1-3, or the accomplishment of .500, or scraping into the playoffs. I want to see them build a SB contender, and I don't think that giving Wallace that kind of dough gets the team any closer.

Now Keenan Lewis, I wish we would have kept...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Who's the #4 ranked wide receiver in the NFL? ANTONIO BROWN.

What about Mike Wallace....ummmm....gee can't seem to find him....oh wait here he is at NUMBER 83!
    Don't try to disuade blind "man love" with facts
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Really? Dolphins are 3-1, the Steelers are 0-4.

Steeler fans are in no position to be throwing mud at Wallace.
    Our 0-4 has nothing to do with Wallace leaving. It is because we have the worst OL in the NFL so Ben would never have time to throw the ball to Wallace on a deep pattern and we know that Wallace fighting for the ball in coverage likely wouldn't result in much.

We are 0-4 because our OL can't protect our QB or open running lanes and our defense can't create a turnover or sack the QB. Combined those get you 0-4 pretty consistently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I wish we could have kept Lewis.
    Agreed. But letting him go was the move Colbert felt would correct our 8-8 season...well that and letting go Wallace and Harrison.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That and what would the defensive line do to our offensive line?

Pappy
    .....and how many pick 6's would our QB throw, or how many times would he hold the ball out in front of a defender to get stripped?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our 0-4 has nothing to do with Wallace leaving. It is because we have the worst OL in the NFL so Ben would never have time to throw the ball to Wallace on a deep pattern and we know that Wallace fighting for the ball in coverage likely wouldn't result in much.

We are 0-4 because our OL can't protect our QB or open running lanes and our defense can't create a turnover or sack the QB. Combined those get you 0-4 pretty consistently.
    +1............................................
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. But letting him go was the move Colbert felt would correct our 8-8 season...well that and letting go Wallace and Harrison.
    I'm pretty sure we didn't "let" any of these guys go..

Lewis wanted to go home...
    Wallace wanted warmer weather and more money
    Harrison was frustrated we didn't honor our contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    .....and how many pick 6's would our QB throw, or how many times would he hold the ball out in front of a defender to get stripped?
    probably about as many as Tannehill last night

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think the Wallace situation was mostly about:

Not overpaying him which is what the Vikings and Miami were willing to do
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW--love your mock in your sig. Got all the right positions IMO except maybe a Safety.