Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wallace vs Lewis on MNF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think the Wallace situation was mostly about:

Not overpaying him which is what the Vikings and Miami were willing to do
    ..and how is that working out for Miami. Sure they are 3-1 but it's not the first time they sniffed 3-1. If they don't make a deep playoff run it's wasted money IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. But letting him go was the move Colbert felt would correct our 8-8 season...well that and letting go Wallace and Harrison.
    Let's not forget Rashard Mendenhall. Even with the problems he had, he was better than any RB on the team now (until Bell matures anyway).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Really? Dolphins are 3-1, the Steelers are 0-4.

Steeler fans are in no position to be throwing mud at Wallace.
    Sure they are. Half ass player who blew more games with dropped passes (or lack of effort) than he won. Dolphins don't need him to be 3-1, and I don't see how the team silly enough to pay all that money to him matters anyway.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Sure they are. Half ass player who blew more games with dropped passes (or lack of effort) than he won. Dolphins don't need him to be 3-1, and I don't see how the team silly enough to pay all that money to him matters anyway.
    half ass player? Wallace outperformed his paycheck every single year he was here, but all the experts here want to puff their chest out and say we don't need him while we sit winless after a month.

how do you know the dolphins don't need him to be 3-1?seems like a rather foolish statement, IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Moonie;577045]Sure they are. Half ass player who blew more games with dropped passes (or lack of effort) than he won. Dolphins don't need him to be 3-1, and I don't see how the team silly enough to pay all that money to him matters anyway.[/QUOTE

Wallace was awesome... a great weapon in BA's offense but his speed would of been wasted with Haley and we simply couldnt afford him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Regardless of who it is, the Steelers require a WR that can get open within Ben's 5 step drop. At the moment, they don't have one, and the result is the amount of pressure Ben gets in.

This isn't a "Steelers should have kept Wallace" comment, everyone knows Chadman's opinion on that, but memory has a funny way of disguising & distorting history. If you listen to the anti-Wallace crowd, the only catches Wallace ever made were 45 yards downfield with nobody in coverage, which is simply untrue. Conversely, no WR on the roster has consistantly made plays downfield like Wallace could. And no WR seems to have Ben's confidence the way Wallace did during the Arians years.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Regardless of who it is, the Steelers require a WR that can get open within Ben's 5 step drop. At the moment, they don't have one, and the result is the amount of pressure Ben gets in.

This isn't a "Steelers should have kept Wallace" comment, everyone knows Chadman's opinion on that, but memory has a funny way of disguising & distorting history. If you listen to the anti-Wallace crowd, the only catches Wallace ever made were 45 yards downfield with nobody in coverage, which is simply untrue. Conversely, no WR on the roster has consistantly made plays downfield like Wallace could. And no WR seems to have Ben's confidence the way Wallace did during the Arians years.
    Key words: Arians years...

Legend

User Info Menu

Highest paid decoy in the NFL. Your an NFL GM; is $12M/yr OK to pay for a guy that is averaging less than 4 catches/gm? oh, and one who is on pace to catch 4 TDs for the season?...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Highest paid decoy in the NFL. Your an NFL GM; is $12M/yr OK to pay for a guy that is averaging less than 4 catches/gm? oh, and one who is on pace to catch 4 TDs for the season?...

How the Dolphins pay him/use him is on them.

In his time in Pittsburgh, he wasn't a decoy.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

It's hard to tell what the WRs are doing on tv much of the time, but I've seen plenty of shots of AB beating his man off the LOS with his first step. The kid is explosive of the LOS. Actually, I'd put him up against any WR in the game as far as his burst off the LOS goes.

What would help Ben is using play action and moving the pocket. Faking a hand off slows the pass rush and moving doesn't make him a sitting target. Seems like Haley has Ben dropping straight back every play. I don't get it. I'm not sure it's all on the WRs/TEs, it's more the play calling.