Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wallace vs Lewis on MNF

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    How the Dolphins pay him/use him is on them.

In his time in Pittsburgh, he wasn't a decoy.
    In his last season in the 'Burgh he was definitely becoming a decoy.... whether intentional or not.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's hard to tell what the WRs are doing on tv much of the time, but I've seen plenty of shots of AB beating his man off the LOS with his first step. The kid is explosive of the LOS. Actually, I'd put him up against any WR in the game as far as his burst off the LOS goes.

What would help Ben is using play action and moving the pocket. Faking a hand off slows the pass rush and moving doesn't make him a sitting target. Seems like Haley has Ben dropping straight back every play. I don't get it. I'm not sure it's all on the WRs/TEs, it's more the play calling.

Chadman would believe you about WR's getting open IF Ben didn't drop back & then have to scan the field every pass play. How often does Ben drop back, locate his #1 target & fire it in without hesitation? How often does Ben pump fake to buy time?

Ben needs a guy that is open, 'even when covered'. He's getting older. He's not as capable of buying time as he used to be. And he's simply not surrounded with guys that make him 'better'. Ben needs a release valve in the Offense- what he argued Plaxico would be for him before Burress was let go & moved to the Giants. You add that guy, and the coverage on guys like Brown & Miller is less intensive, the OL isn't having to hold the rushers at bay as long, and the line isn't stacked with an extra DB to stop the run.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Chadman would believe you about WR's getting open IF Ben didn't drop back & then have to scan the field every pass play. How often does Ben drop back, locate his #1 target & fire it in without hesitation? How often does Ben pump fake to buy time?

Ben needs a guy that is open, 'even when covered'. He's getting older. He's not as capable of buying time as he used to be. And he's simply not surrounded with guys that make him 'better'. Ben needs a release valve in the Offense- what he argued Plaxico would be for him before Burress was let go & moved to the Giants. You add that guy, and the coverage on guys like Brown & Miller is less intensive, the OL isn't having to hold the rushers at bay as long, and the line isn't stacked with an extra DB to stop the run.
    Sounds like good logic. I wonder why we don't dress Moye any more? He looked great on his one TD reception. I kept thinking to myself I wish he was in when we were in the RZ last game.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    In his last season in the 'Burgh he was definitely becoming a decoy.... whether intentional or not.
    The most used decoy in the NFL then- how many catagories did he lead the Steelers in?

But Chadman doesn't want to rehash that argument. Last season, clearly, Wallace was not giving his all. It was the anomoly season in an otherwise stellar Steelers career. And we can pinpoint the issue- contract dispute. If that is solved, what are the chances he plays the same?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Sounds like good logic. I wonder why we don't dress Moye any more? He looked great on his one TD reception. I kept thinking to myself I wish he was in when we were in the RZ last game.
    Moye looks awkward catching. He looks useful as a RZ option, but in general, he doesn't look fluid in his routes or his catches.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

How the Dolphins pay him/use him is on them.

In his time in Pittsburgh, he wasn't a decoy.
    Yeah, he was more of a coin-flip. Were Wallace fans taking piss breaks every time he muffed?

Brown over Wallace any day. That statement is supported by, among many other things, the fact that the NFL team with the best personnel decisions over the last 40 years chose Brown. The Dolphins, on the other hand, don't make many good decisions. The are going to eat a lot of green/ducets/bon bons on this one-trick-drop-pony, man.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Let's not forget Rashard Mendenhall. Even with the problems he had, he was better than any RB on the team now (until Bell matures anyway).
    yeah, until BELL matures to the level of "DRY HUMPING" big ben and preaching his love of terrorist, and missing games when he isn't dressed to play he wont' be as good huh??

BELL had his FIRST of many more to come NFL TD's and he dived into the endzone.. it was a special moment for him..

:P
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Yeah, he was more of a coin-flip. Were Wallace fans taking piss breaks every time he muffed?

Brown over Wallace any day. That statement is supported by, among many other things, the fact that the NFL team with the best personnel decisions over the last 40 years chose Brown. The Dolphins, on the other hand, don't make many good decisions. The are going to eat a lot of green/ducets/bon bons on this one-trick-drop-pony, man.
    I agree... Wallace is a great weapon but is he Megatron, Fitz good? Without Ben escaping the pocket to to throw bombs and BA bating teams with the dreaded RUTFM before going deep Wallace isn't that special.

Hell, look at AZ and Detroit... teams who pay big bucks to WR seldom are rewarded with a trophy or deep playoff run.

This season, especially, Ben has missed open WRs...or thrown the ball late after the WRs were open and allowed the DB time to get in position...

When Brown caught his two TDs, he really had to make great catches (especially that second one) to complete the play...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    BTW--love your mock in your sig. Got all the right positions IMO except maybe a Safety.
    Thanks. I didn't roll with a safety because I'm a fan of the Shark and Golden. I'm hoping those guys pan out for us.