Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the married fellas out there

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What is your favorite wedding song? Mine is "A Wedding In Cherokee County" bt Randy Newman. It is well worth finding on line.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ive been married for nearly 20 years, take this advise seriously! Im a browns fan, my wife a steelers fan. Women are always right! When it comes to the wedding plans just tell her its her big day and do what ever she wants at the ceremony. Dont say anything dumb to the videographer before after or during the reception that'll get ya in trouble, in other words leave the new in laws out of it! Dont bring her parents, siblings or any family in an argument until after you say I do, after the wedding then youve got every right to tell her we'll just live like your alcoholic mother! But treat her like a princess, a queen, and oh yeah after nearly 20 years of marriage you'll find out when it comes to sex, you'll have to warm her up like a buick just to get lucky, and some times it may take an hour or so!And last but not least, let her hold the remote control every now and then so she feels important, Thats how Ive survived nearly 20 years with a steeler fan wife, but we only argue 2 days out of the year! Side bets help on that, you just have to be creative with it, LOL!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

A happy wife is a happy life.
    Words to live by.
    Oh and after the first kid, they come before you and you get to come all by yourself.....LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy
    First, let her think she's having her own way,and second - let her have it
    Lyndon B. johnson

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    sounds like you guys all did it wrong. The correct answer is my answer.

Find a girl who really doesn't have a 'vision' for her wedding, and then go to a great beach destination (we chose St. Croix), invite the family if they can make it, and have a reception party for everyone who can't make it to come to afterwards.

get catering the day before, but some flowers from someone on the island. Done.
    We did New Orleans. Figured we could have the reception drinking right on Bourbon Street.

Legend

User Info Menu

My wife and I eloped to the court house, and many months later had a very small 2K wedding for the family. I suppose I got very lucky in that sense. It doesn't make her any less crazy, but hey that is all women. After 16 years, it must be my kind of crazy.

My advice, just don't do anything stupid. Which means don't open your mouth until after the wedding. Everything you say and do with be overanalyzed or taken the wrong way due to her stress level.

The crazy thing? We guys keep signing up for all of this.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What's more stressful, 0-4 or getting married.
    sheesh my fiance is killing me.. at least there isn't a game next weekend...
    I don't know if I could handle a week of her getting ready for the wedding and then a loss afterwards...
    I would never use the word "Fiancé" to describe a girlfriend. Too much stigma attached to using that word.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You probably feel a lot like Mike Tomlin did this last 4 weeks. Here's some sage advice to keep you calm and focused this last week:

1. Don't forget the prenup. Unless she's rich, then don't sign a prenup.
    2. If your girl's getting on your last nerve, feed her marshmallows. It's impossible to talk with a mouthful of marshmallows.
    3. Have a lot of sex this week. The dynamic changes after you say 'I do'. There are things every woman will do to get you to say 'I do'. You have one final week to take advantage.
    4. If she insists on arguing, insist she argue naked.

Congrats on taking the plunge. May all your ups and downs be between the sheets.
    Classic!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I planned our wedding. Much less stressful that way. Some of her family just about crapped at the rehearsal when I said, "this is the way it's going to be..." The looked at her and she just told them I was running the show.

Being married has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than anything to do with the Steelers, this year or any other.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IF you purposely scheduled your wedding for the Steelers bye week AND your fiance understood/agreed - then you're off to a terrific start. Now reward her understanding of your steeler obsession by agreeing to everything she wants for the big day without complaining about the cost.

any marriage that allows for football sundays and the occasional 'dutch oven' has a high probability of long-term success.

so it's best to resolve those two issues sooner rather than later.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!