What's more stressful, 0-4 or getting married.
sheesh my fiance is killing me.. at least there isn't a game next weekend...
I don't know if I could handle a week of her getting ready for the wedding and then a loss afterwards...
getting married is stessful until you learn one phrase..."whatever you think is best, Dear."
I realized somewhere along the way that, this is about the bride. it's not about the union. it's not about US... it's about HER...PERIOD. Many women have debated this with me, and failed.... Truth is, most guys would say, i don't wanna wear a tux. let's go to a courthouse and spend that 20k on a badazz honeymoon in a REALLY nice resort in Hawaii/Europe/whatever your choice.
Anyway, when i realized that my job was to make her not stress about it, suddenly, i wasn't stressed any more. I'm dead serious. the only decisions i made were the ones that she wanted me to make. Otherwise, I didn't give an opinion until she really wanted one... be carefull there, she'll ask questions that she really doesn't want an answer to because she has already decided and simply needs affirmation - learn the difference between the two sets of questions!
While with 2 weeks away, you're probably past most of that - however, that skill will be useful for years to come!
Unless your bride, her entire family and your entire family are perfectly rational, selfless people, weddings are always stressful. I was just the best man in a wedding. I literally had to talk the guy off a roof and officiate several fights. My wedding was a total fiasco. Not only, as Deville says, are weddings only about the bride, but they also are designed to make all women their most judgmental, envious, and salty. I advise all men to stay away from weddings for their own well-being.
Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.
1. Don't forget the prenup. Unless she's rich, then don't sign a prenup.
2. If your girl's getting on your last nerve, feed her marshmallows. It's impossible to talk with a mouthful of marshmallows.
3. Have a lot of sex this week. The dynamic changes after you say 'I do'. There are things every woman will do to get you to say 'I do'. You have one final week to take advantage.
4. If she insists on arguing, insist she argue naked.
Congrats on taking the plunge. May all your ups and downs be between the sheets.
Advice....always dangerous to ask for advice..
1. Your Fiance is 'right', even when she's wrong. Don't argue it, accept this or pay the price. Of course, this doesn't mean you can't prepare for her being wrong. Wedding week is all about what goes on that she doesn't see.
2. Future In-Laws. Stay away from them. They are the biggest stress merchants of the week. Except for your mum. Stay away from your mum & the future In-Laws.
3. Brother/Sister-in-Laws. Add these to the list of 'stay away from' people.
4. Your Mates. Don't spend too much time with them early in the week- it'll look like you are avoiding any responsibility.
5. Flowers & chocolate. Tame the savage beast. Give the fiance flowers & chocolate for 'no reason', even though we know the reason is to stop her ripping your testicles off before the wedding night. Do this at least twice, because between now & the day, there will be at least the potential for 2 good fights if you are not prepared.
6. Alcohol. Drink it. But only if she is drinking too. If only you are drinking, you only get temporary relief, and the next day, you will be forced to add another round of flowers & chocolate.
7. Because we don't know what makes weddings work, and because the man's role is to stay out of the way & not mess it up, to limit your responsibilities, volunteer to check on the flowers or venue. This is an easy check- quick call "are the flowers going well? Yeah? Sweet." Your job is then complete & she thinks you are great.
8. Invite Chadman. Sorry mate- you failed on this one. Chadman can not help you further.
Enjoy it mate.
Schiavone's Race Career:
sounds like you guys all did it wrong. The correct answer is my answer.
Find a girl who really doesn't have a 'vision' for her wedding, and then go to a great beach destination (we chose St. Croix), invite the family if they can make it, and have a reception party for everyone who can't make it to come to afterwards.
get catering the day before, but some flowers from someone on the island. Done.
Ruthless 2017 Mock Draft:
1.30 ILB Zach Cunningham 6'3" 234 Vanderbilt
2.62 OLB Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 Kansas State
3.94 CB Sidney Jones 6'0" 186 Washington
3.105c DE Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'7" 289 Villanova
4.135 CB Howard Wilson 6'1" 184 Houston
5.173 FS John Johnson 6'1" 205 Boston College
6.213 TE Michael Roberts 6'4" 270 Toledo
7.248 RB Elijah Hood 6'0" 232 North Carolina
2015 MNF Executive Champion!