Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yea..... stop the Tomlin posts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I don't know how many more ways I have to watch Ben turn the ball over. This guy finds more creative ways to fumble the ball then he does to make plays. Like someone had posted on here before, some of these so-called, strip-fumbles look like he's flicking the ball out there to me. If I'm coaching the team, that is all I would need to see.
    As much as I'm down on Ben right now for his bad play he is far too competitive to ever turn the ball over on purpose. Say what you will about him but he always gives 100 percent.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Right on target, Especially if they bring back a dinosaur like Cowher who reminds everyone of their high school coach with his fire and venom. How many high school coaches ever make it to the NFL or even college. That crap is meaningless to twenty-something men. They respect someone who treats them like men not kids.

I do laugh at those who talk about firing Tomlin. He'll get a job faster than Andy Reid.
    That's weird.... Cowher's teams were much more disciplined than Tomlins. They must have respected Cowher somewhat, don't you think?

I don't care if Tomlin gets paid elsewhere and if he has success elsewhere. Maybe he needs a change in scenery. I don't know he's not performing well as a Steelers HC for quite some time and it's not just about the recent losses. It's a combination of bad player and coaching personnel decisions, clock management, challenges, team preparedness, etc.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Quite some time? This team was was winning an average of 11 games a year until Art II stuck his nose in coaching decisions
    Would someone like to answer this question for me since I addressed it so many times that I'm tired of typing it. Look at the inheritance of players Tomlin got... his success, the aging/retiring/release players and the personnel that Tomlin & Colbert replaced them with. There is your answer. Then, the problem is compounded by poor execution and poor coaching.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

cowher won a lot of games here and deserves respect.

message board guy claiming to know how cowher treated his players is pretty damn comical.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not convinced that punting Tomlin solves anything. But some change in the make-up of this team is obviously required. Tomlin doesn't seem like a 'tactician' as a HC, more of a 'gatherer of men'.

The men he has gathered need changing. Maybe even across the board changes. Haley obviously isn't working out, for whatever reason. LeBeau is a great coach, but the D needs a bit of an injection of new ideas. Coach Mitchell isn't getting the results from the DL. Bicknall could be the first Coach gone.

Only coaches that Chadman would consider 'safe' would be Lake & maybe Butler. Butler actually strikes Chadman as the next Steeler HC. He's not a 'media guy', but here's betting he'd strike a lot of chords with not only the players, but the FO guys too.

A few changes in philosophy, a few technical changes, and the Steelers go from an 0-4 team to a playoff team. Won't happen this season, but the line between good & bad isn't so defined anymore. The Steelers have a number of pieces already in place. This team does not need a hatchet job on the playing personel.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

good thoughts as usual chadman.

I'm not for getting rid of tomlin either, but he must be held accountable just like every other coach on staff, even more so since his name is on the door. And not having someone prepared to play who "has a hat" is ludicrous. If Guy Whimper couldn't be counted on yesterday, it essentially means that he has dressed for an entire MONTH with no chance of going into a football game. That is absolutely mind numbing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

I'll be working on that. I need to step up my game.
    It's an incomplete body of work, Shawn.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not convinced that punting Tomlin solves anything. But some change in the make-up of this team is obviously required. Tomlin doesn't seem like a 'tactician' as a HC, more of a 'gatherer of men'.

The men he has gathered need changing. Maybe even across the board changes. Haley obviously isn't working out, for whatever reason. LeBeau is a great coach, but the D needs a bit of an injection of new ideas. Coach Mitchell isn't getting the results from the DL. Bicknall could be the first Coach gone.

Only coaches that Chadman would consider 'safe' would be Lake & maybe Butler. Butler actually strikes Chadman as the next Steeler HC. He's not a 'media guy', but here's betting he'd strike a lot of chords with not only the players, but the FO guys too.

A few changes in philosophy, a few technical changes, and the Steelers go from an 0-4 team to a playoff team. Won't happen this season, but the line between good & bad isn't so defined anymore. The Steelers have a number of pieces already in place. This team does not need a hatchet job on the playing personel.
    Terrific post.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

We do have a tendancy to over react to disappoinment around here.

Thankfully, the FO doesn't. It's maddening at times, but more often than not, it's subtle change, not drastic change, that gets the desired result.

Philosophy needs a tweak. And certain areas of the roster need strengthening. But there are a lot of strengths in the Steelers, and a quick turnaround is only a step or two away.

Tomlin, or any Steeler HC, is going to have his struggles. Maintaining 'the standard' isn't easy. It's not a low standard, and never will be.

So to have a season, or seasons, where things don't go right, is neither surprising, or the end of the world.

One change that may need to be made though is Colbert. Chadman wonders how long a guy can maintain a level of success like has & not need to recharge the batteries. He takes a lot of the draft responsibility, maybe fresh eyes are needed here.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    We should fire everyone, sell the team, trade Ben to Arizona take the picks to Primanti Brothers for sandwiches for the entire board.
    You guys are crazy .
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]