Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough with the Tomlin threads

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Enough with the Tomlin threads

We're having a crap season no doubt about it. The Coaches certainly deserve to shoulder some of the blame. However if we were 4-0 this message board would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately that's how things work when you come to expect a certain kind of product at Heinz Field. We also need to allow ourselves to realize just how spoiled Pittsburgh sports fans have been over the years. Personally I'm tired of reading about his "buggy eyes" or"affirmative action" etc. Our defense isn't forcing turnovers and our tackles aren't playing good football and that's where the problems begin and end. Tomlin isn't going anywhere and not because he's black and Rooney has the "Rooney" rule. Instead it's because we don't burn down the house when the going gets a little tough and maybe lingers in that realm a little longer than we'd prefer. We aren't the Cleveland Browns, we don't blow things up when things get tough. Tomlin isn't going anywhere because he's a good coach with a team playing below it's expected standard. Should Tom Coughlin be fired? They're 0-4 as well with a bunch of talent on both sides of the ball and Coughlin sounds A LOT like Tomlin in his press conferences. We're going to watch the tape and do all that we can to fix the problem. What are people expecting from the guy? As others have said we have some fat contracts, the free agent market isn't brimming with tackle talent and our current tackles aren't panning out like they maybe should be at this point.

The team isn't talentless, we still have a franchise QB, a lot of weapons on offense and what appears to be a pretty promising running back in Bell. A really down year is maybe what this team needs to "reload" before Ben is over the hill and guys like Troy are preparing to hang them up. We just aren't accustom to it, and this board is displaying that fact in very loud fashion. Over the last two years the trolls have become prominent around here and the quality of posts across the board has come WAY, WAY down. It's getting old, i used to count on this place to be the ultimate resource for all things Steelers. Now i have to fish through a swamp of bs to get to anything worthwhile. Enough already.

Legend

User Info Menu

So in order to cut down on the amount of Tomlin threads, you create a Tomlin thread? Catch the irony?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Then imagine the thread title is "Enough with the doom and gloom"

I'm as disappointed with the Steelers as anyone but this place is awful right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post

I'm as disappointed with the Steelers as anyone but this place is awful right now.
    To avoid the irony police, Snatch98, you'd not only have to rename the topic "Enough with the gloom and doom", but also make sure you put a at the end of it, and probably a , and a wouldn't hurt the cause either.

{Note to moderator - is there a way to get one of those unicorn-rainbow pictures in our smiley library too, please?)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Depends on your perspective. I'm finding it a place to vent a bit. We are all frustrated with our team. If you don't like what is going on here right now, why come here? I never understood that.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Depends on your perspective. I'm finding it a place to vent a bit. We are all frustrated with our team. If you don't like what is going on here right now, why come here? I never understood that.
    I was born and raised in Western, Pa. I'm in Columbus currently and have always used this message board as my primary resource for my hometown news. It's also one thing to vent a little bit, it's another thing to completely sh.it up the board with the same thing over and over again.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was born and raised in Western, Pa. I'm in Columbus currently and have always used this message board as my primary resource for my hometown news. It's also one thing to vent a little bit, it's another thing to completely sh.it up the board with the same thing over and over again.
    Again, it's your choice to come here and read. There are other places to get Steeler news.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel you... but we are 0-4 and it's Monday. Not the best time to come to the board...

I don't understand the Fire Tomlin threads either but someone has to be held accountable and it starts at the top... but it is a little odd hearing people talk about Tomlin like he is struggling for a his first winning season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No..it's important to vent and to call people out when there job performance is below average.......Just like politicians .....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I feel you... but we are 0-4 and it's Monday. Not the best time to come to the board...

I don't understand the Fire Tomlin threads either but someone has to be held accountable and it starts at the top... but it is a little odd hearing people talk about Tomlin like he is struggling for a his first winning season.
    Why are you protective of Tomlin? Two bad years in a row, this one looks to break some records and he is above reproach?
    Trolls are people too.