Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans Should Boycott

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I mean fans dumped hundreds to thousands of dollars into their favorite teams bank accounts every year. Shouldn't they have some right to be upset? I suppose not according to some.
    yes they should be able to be upset ....bump

Legend

User Info Menu

We're not allowed to be upset because some think the future of this team some how gets a pass because of our past......

Rookie

User Info Menu

I am not a fairweather fan. I will watch every minute of the Steeler games the rest of the year regardless of the record

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    To show my support for the 'Flippy Initiative'; I promise not to watch the Steelers next Sunday.
    Thanks for getting it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    For the rest of the Steeler home games this season, the fans should stay home to show their displeasure. OK, maybe that's extreme, but how about waiting until the end of the 1st quarter to enter the gates?

There's no other way for fans to be heard than to not show up for a game. Let the Rooney's know the current team's performance isn't acceptable. How awesome would it be to watch the Steelers on TV and see and empty Heinz Field?

Seriously, the NFL rapes the city to use tax dollars to build their stadium and they should owe it to the local fans to at least put a competitive product on the field.

Or if you just can't stay away cause you love it too much, how bout wearing your McCutchen or Crosby jerseys to the rest of the games this season. It would be totally awesome if all the fans showed up in all Pirates or Pens gear to the rest of the Steelers games.

C'Mon fellars. Boycott for the rest of us. I'd do it if I had tickets Just go tailgate during the game. You'll probably have more fun that way anyways.
    And that would accomplish what? Make the Rooney's fire everyone? Make major trades? Oops not MLB so can't do that!

BTW--giving money to the NFL is a far better use of those dolars than letting the Pittsburgh politicians use it at their discretion. At least the NFL brings money into the city.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, this team could use a little love from the fans I think. We have plenty of guys who are trying. To shun them would be wrong I think.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.