Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doesn't it seems like Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    People are just melting down. If Tomlin were fired he'd become the the richest new coach for somebody else as soon as the season ended. The team seems to be snakebit right now. It will turn around- not soon enough, I fear. But it will turn around.
    That might all be true, but the bottom line is that this is not a 0-4 football team. And this is the worst start for the Steelers since Richard Nixon was in office. RICHARD NIXON.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I find interesting is that as soon as Tomlin loses his core of leaders developed under Cowher his team struggles for identity. His teams are more penalized and have worse turnover/takeover ratios than Cowhers, yet he is beyong reproach? I believe much of Tomlin's success was off the fumes of Cowhers talent and leaders. He did well with what was handed to him, a franchise QB and the best D in the NFL. But, he has failed to make a mark with his own players. He has failed to find real leaders within a new generation of player. That is why it's time to at least have that discussion.

My thinking? Tomlin will get one more season even if he goes 0-16.
    Hampton, Aaron Smith, Kemo, Keisel, Hoke. The Steelers spent 2 1st rounders on 3-4 DEs and NEITHER of them is better than ANY of these Cowher & Colbert picks.

A. Smith > Hood (Cowher era)
    Farrior > Timmons .. so far (Cowher era)
    Hampton > McLendon (Cowher era)
    Kemo / Keisel > Heyward .. so far (Cowher era)
    Ike > All CBs in Tomlin era (Cowher era)
    Polamalu (Cowher era)
    Clark (Cowher era)
    Ben (Cowher era)
    J. Harrison (UDFA and developed under Cowher era) <--- He should have replaced Haggans with Harrison though.
    Heath (Cowher era)
    Foote (Cowher era) <--- Really? We had to bring him back this year? That's embarrassing.

The list goes on and on...... Imagine how bad this team is going to be when these older Cowher players need to be replaced. We WILL be downgrading in most spots. Downgrading to an already crappy team is not going to bode well for the Steelers future. I don't expect the Tomlin & Colbert era to replace guys like Polamalu with ease but this is simply unacceptable.

Is that clear enough? Perhaps, crystal clear?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Hampton, Aaron Smith, Kemo, Keisel, Hoke. The Steelers spent 2 1st rounders on 3-4 DEs and NEITHER of them is better than ANY of these Cowher & Colbert picks.

A. Smith > Hood (Cowher era)
    Farrior > Timmons .. so far (Cowher era)
    Hampton > McLendon (Cowher era)
    Kemo / Keisel > Heyward .. so far (Cowher era)
    Ike > All CBs in Tomlin era (Cowher era)
    Polamalu (Cowher era)
    Clark (Cowher era)
    Ben (Cowher era)
    J. Harrison (UDFA and developed under Cowher era) <--- He should have replaced Haggans with Harrison though.
    Heath (Cowher era)
    Foote (Cowher era) <--- Really? We had to bring him back this year? That's embarrassing.

The list goes on and on...... Imagine how bad this team is going to be when these older Cowher players need to be replaced. We WILL be downgrading in most spots. Downgrading to an already crappy team is not going to bode well for the Steelers future. I don't expect the Tomlin & Colbert era to replace guys like Polamalu with ease but this is simply unacceptable.

Is that clear enough? Perhaps, crystal clear?
    Crystal clear... like a crystal ball sine you already know how our current players careers will play out? You have to give Tomlin 15 years to get a fair assessment.

Pretty sure people were complaining about Cowher's guys not being as good as Noll's best players.

Chard Scott... Flowers... we had some bad players under Cowher too... and some down years but to hear you tell it we won 14 games every year with Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

One thing to say....

Tomlin's replacements to Cowher's players. Nuff said.

It'll get worse before it gets better as the last few Cowher era players end their career (via retiring, FA, etc)
    Were they really Cowher's players? Seems to me there were stories that when the chance came, Cowher wanted nothing to do with the franchise QB that has brought 2 SB wins. Only the FO knows how much say the HC really has on draft day. My guess is that Tomlin has less say than you might think.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Were they really Cowher's players? Seems to me there were stories that when the chance came, Cowher wanted nothing to do with the franchise QB that has brought 2 SB wins. Only the FO knows how much say the HC really has on draft day. My guess is that Tomlin has less say than you might think.
    Come on man. Seriously? So, Colbert forgot how to draft in the Tomlin-era. It must be a conspiracy on Colbert's part in order to get Tomlin fired. That makes perfect sense.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Crystal clear... like a crystal ball sine you already know how our current players careers will play out? You have to give Tomlin 15 years to get a fair assessment.

Pretty sure people were complaining about Cowher's guys not being as good as Noll's best players.

Chard Scott... Flowers... we had some bad players under Cowher too... and some down years but to hear you tell it we won 14 games every year with Cowher.
    Lol. Do you want me to include even the older Cowher players like Gildon, Kirkland, and Joey Porter? That will make Tomlin look even worse. I was trying to take only the players he inherited to give him a fair shot.

By the way, I thought we have a talent issue? Now, our roster is suddenly loaded? If we were loaded, we wouldn't have had to hang on to Cowher's players to WAY to long.

Hell, Tomlin had to bring back Foote for god sake.. He finally lost Starks after trying to replace him for years and that is blowing up in his face.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think he lost it when he let Ariens go, seems to have been a struggle ever since then. The bug eyes dont mean much unless he's getting close to the wind sheild!

Legend

User Info Menu

Come on man. Seriously? So, Colbert forgot how to draft in the Tomlin-era. It must be a conspiracy on Colbert's part in order to get Tomlin fired. That makes perfect sense.
    We've missed on a few the last few years... it happens. Stop acting like everything was perfect until Tomlin arrived. It's obvious you aren't a Tomlin fan but damn.... I remember a lot of complaining by Steeler fans when Cowher was here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lol. Do you want me to include even the older Cowher players like Gildon, Kirkland, and Joey Porter? That will make Tomlin look even worse. I was trying to take only the players he inherited to give him a fair shot.

By the way, I thought we have a talent issue? Now, our roster is suddenly loaded? If we were loaded, we wouldn't have had to hang on to Cowher's players to WAY to long.

Hell, Tomlin had to bring back Foote for god sake.. He finally lost Starks after trying to replace him for years and that is blowing up in his face.
    Who said we were loaded?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We've missed on a few the last few years... it happens. Stop acting like everything was perfect until Tomlin arrived. It's obvious you aren't a Tomlin fan but damn.... I remember a lot of complaining by Steeler fans when Cowher was here.
    Really? lol.

Now it all makes sense. Colbert forgot to draft to the extent that our entire draft class was duds. Makes perfect sense.