Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Doesn't it seems like Tomlin

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    So, what happened from 98-00 if he already had the team restocked?
    Donahoe happened. He and Bill disagreed over draft picks. Which is why Donahoe was let go. Just so happen they are back in the playoffs ONE year later.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not buying this. Pretty much everyone and their brother had a huge man crush on Tomlin when he was the youngest coach to win a SuperBowl. He's a cool cat. Always says the right things. We've quoted and admired like no other.

But then he talks about unleashing hell and his team doesn't back him up. And some doubt starts to creep in. Then a team that looks talented falls apart at the seams in 2012. We even made a ton of excuses for him. Big Ben, Troy, James, Woodley, etc were hurt. BA got fired. Haley's a tool. Colbert drafts poorly. DL is old. etc.

Fast forward to 0-4 and this team looks as bad as anything I can remember. Everything is in disarray. We have guys on the roster that he doesn't trust playing. No one seems ready or prepared. The passion is gone. Personally, I kinda like the steady, even keeled Tomlin. But I can see why people question him as a coach. Why wouldn't they question him whether he was black, white, yellow, blue, or green? He's under performing. That's not acceptable in Pittsburgh.

As far as I can tell, almost everyone just sees him as the coach of the Steelers. And passes their judgement accordingly. But for some reason, you seem to see him as a black dude. Why? I know that he is, but I don't ever consider it until someone brings it up. And I just don't see the point in bringing it up. Tomlin's just a guy like any other guy. And as I recall, Steelers fans were tired of Noll when he was losing as well as Cowher. I think the fact that Steeler Nation puts him on a short leash says we just think of him as a coach like any other. And we can't stand losing.
    The guy who got me into STEELERS football calls him all kinds of racial slurs and compares him to Cowher all the time. Before Tomlin won a superbowl and even after.. Im not making this stuff up for "FUN"... And i see many on facebook (insinuating) the "black coach" stuff. That since he is "black" like most of the players, he is too buddy buddy etc.. That blacks should be players and whites shuld coach (Johnny' THE GREEK, style).. Most dont have the HUEVOS to outright and say it.. I know alot of older whites believe it also.. I'm american/mexican myself..

but i do appreciate your feedback.. good to have some intelligent responses..

btw, i think my friend is an idiot..
    Last edited by LordVile; 10-02-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Donahoe happened. He and Bill disagreed over draft picks. Which is why Donahoe was let go. Just so happen they are back in the playoffs ONE year later.
    That makes no sense...Donohoe was in the draft room for the picks that restocked the team...but, the picks that worked out were all Cowher's and the ones that didn't were all Donohoe?

Okay....

I don't believe that one any more than I do blaming either one or the other in the current situation...

Just like 14 years ago, I do believe that there is a disconnect between the coaches and the FO...and it needs to be corrected....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    The guy who got me into STEELERS football calls him all kinds of racial slurs and compares him to Cowher all the time. Before Tomlin won a superbowl and even after.. Im not making this stuff up for "FUN"... And i see many on facebook (insinuating) the "black coach" stuff. That since he is "black" like most of the players, he is too buddy buddy etc.. That blacks should be players and whites shuld coach (Johnny' THE GREEK, style).. Most dont have the HUEVOS to outright and say it.. I know alot of older whites believe it also.. I'm american/mexican myself..

but i do appreciate your feedback.. good to have some intelligent responses..

btw, i think my friend is an idiot..
    No doubt, your friend is racist. It is equally racist to think someone is beyond criticism because they are black.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FerriteCore View Post
    No doubt, your friend is racist. It is equally racist to think someone is beyond criticism because they are black.
    Not exactly "equally", but point taken...