Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to clean house.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's time to clean house.

Starting with Colbert...

After going 8-8, he was quoted as saying..."If we don't change a roster that produced 8-8, we'd be silly to expect a better result," Colbert said, [URL="https://twitter.com/EdBouchette"]via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/URL].

Ok, so let me get this straight. Instead of picking up some FA vets, we allow several playmakers such as Harrison, Wallace, and Lewis to walk. We have no experienced replacements to take over for these guys...don't embrace FA..and essentially hope we will be better? That mentality is killing the Steelers. Colbert needs to be the first to go.

Tomlin should be second on the list. If you compare Tomlin and Cowher two huge stats show up. First is Tomlin's teams are much more penalized than Cowhers. Also turnover ratios are much worse under Tomlin. Not to mention numerous bone headed coaching mistakes, and failures to see need before the start of seasons. Lets not even get into how he has handled the OL this season. His time in the Burgh is up.

Haley. I'm less upset with Haley as I have seen this team get better on O, each and every week. But, with his known history of abrasivness...and the need for a fresh start all around...he needs to go as well.

LeBeau...He has been a great coach for a long time. But, I believe the game has passed him by. No pressure, few sacks, few turnovers...difficult to watch back up QBs shred your D. What would the Broncos do to the Steelers? It's time.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree on all accounts except Tomlin. Tomlin is the right guy especially in time of disaster like this. We need a steady hand who won't panic and injure a player with spit and slobber.

The major failure here has been with talent acquisition and that is on Colbert and his personnel department. We have missed on too many players over the past several years and we are paying for the sins of the 2008 and 2009 drafts which might as well not have happened.

I salary cap driven league you can't have a two year hole in talent acquisition.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree on all accounts except Tomlin. Tomlin is the right guy especially in time of disaster like this. We need a steady hand who won't panic and injure a player with spit and slobber.

The major failure here has been with talent acquisition and that is on Colbert and his personnel department. We have missed on too many players over the past several years and we are paying for the sins of the 2008 and 2009 drafts which might as well not have happened.

I salary cap driven league you can't have a two year hole in talent acquisition.
    If it's a talent problem, then why get rid of Haley and Lebeau? Give them talent and see if they are good coaches again. Under the lack of talent premise, fire Colbert and lets get on with it, I say give a coach the talent and he'll look like a genius, give him lemons and he'll look sour.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LeBeau need to be the first to go, his philosophy is stale, I mean how many times can you have both corners giving 10YD cushion in each and every game by that time the offense is in a hole because the other team just nicked and dimed us down the field. I'm not sold on Haley either BUT at least the O seems to improve.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see this as a talent void, but rather a leadership void starting at the top.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    LeBeau need to be the first to go, his philosophy is stale, I mean how many times can you have both corners giving 10YD cushion in each and every game by that time the offense is in a hole because the other team just nicked and dimed us down the field. I'm not sold on Haley either BUT at least the O seems to improve.
    10 yard cushions are needed when the CB's that we have can't play bump and run coverage. You make LeBeau sound like an idiot. It's all about talent, and we don't have it. Every aspect of this team is failing right now and it's embarrassing to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't see this as a talent void, but rather a leadership void starting at the top.
    I see this as a huge talent void. It's one of the oldest teams in the league and some of the blame as to fall on them. If I see one more missed tackle! That's Football 101 that you learn in Pop Warner.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I actually laughed out loud when I read this post.

2-5 to end last season.
    0-4 in preseason
    0-4 thus far this season.

Yeah.... I have all the faith in Tomlin to correct this ship. lol
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    10 yard cushions are needed when the CB's that we have can't play bump and run coverage. You make LeBeau sound like an idiot. It's all about talent, and we don't have it. Every aspect of this team is failing right now and it's embarrassing to watch.
    Ike Taylor is one of the best and most physical DBs in the league. Whatcha talkin about Willis?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ike Taylor is one of the best and most physical DBs in the league. Whatcha talkin about Willis?
    If he could catch he would be.. but IMO he is an overpaid DB who rarely changes the outcome of a game.