Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: It's time to clean house.

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,023
    The 10 yard cushion is a staple in DL's zone blitz defensive scheme.
    Confusion and creating QB's to make mistakes while not getting beat deep is the reason...
    Stop with the lack of talent BS please.
    How come other teams can successfully plug in rookie defensive players and have them contribute.
    Why is our #1 draft pick who played in a 3-4 scheme in college still rotating with a career backup in Worilds?
    Why are we constantly giving up 3rd and longs?
    Why do QB's march down the field on their initial possessions?
    Don't they watch film on opposing teams to set their gameplanning strategy?
    Lebeau needs to see the defense first in order to make adjustments?
    How about coming out and dictating to the offense for a FN change..Let them be the ones to adjust...
    DL has been around for 40 years, he really needs to watch a team throw quick passes and get into a groove first?
    Why have we wasted two #1 draftpicks on defensive lineman that ride the bench while trying to learn the complex Lebeau system.
    Line them up and play FN ball instead of retaining older players that know the system and have nothing left in the 4th quarter.
    It took Lewis 3 years to play in this system and then he's gone.
    Keep wasting picks on defense that can't contribute early in their careers and this is what you have to deal with.
    Last edited by pittpete; 09-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #12
    I wonder what the Ravens boards are like - "We have a SB-winning franchise QB, why can't you protect him! Oh, and he sucks, he threw 5 interceptions!! And what is wrong with our Defense? Fire everybody - "clean house"!!!".

    Fire Colbert, fire Tomlin, fire Haley, fire the OL coach, fire Roethlisberger, fire the team doctor, fire the trainer ... I don't know why we should stop there, I think we should also fire that cute girl who squirts Gatorade!! Oh, and this is the perfect opportunity to tear down Heinz Field and build a new stadium too!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,023
    Fire everyone is a bit extreme, but something needs to change.
    Constants i recognize are
    -soft defense which is getting more soft
    -poor clock management
    -too many mistakes
    -terrible O-line
    -injuries

  4. #14
    How come it's so difficult to acknowledge that all this started when Arians was fired and Todd Haley came to town? 8-8 in Todd's first season... 0-fer in his next...

    Pretty easy fix - one guy gets fired, everybody else suddently looks great again...

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,305
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    How come it's so difficult to acknowledge that all this started when Arians was fired and Todd Haley came to town? 8-8 in Todd's first season... 0-fer in his next...

    Pretty easy fix - one guy gets fired, everybody else suddently looks great again...
    That would mean BA was better than someone else in football and we can't admit that. LOL...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That would mean BA was better than someone else in football and we can't admit that. LOL...
    LMAO!! Too funny

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I wonder what the Ravens boards are like - "We have a SB-winning franchise QB, why can't you protect him! Oh, and he sucks, he threw 5 interceptions!! And what is wrong with our Defense? Fire everybody - "clean house"!!!".

    Fire Colbert, fire Tomlin, fire Haley, fire the OL coach, fire Roethlisberger, fire the team doctor, fire the trainer ... I don't know why we should stop there, I think we should also fire that cute girl who squirts Gatorade!! Oh, and this is the perfect opportunity to tear down Heinz Field and build a new stadium too!
    I'm ok with all of the above...well except the cute girl who squirts Gatorade. She's a keeper.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That would mean BA was better than someone else in football and we can't admit that. LOL...
    'Cmon, you're a smart dude - that's like blaming the fireman they had to call in from the next county because he couldn't put out the 4-alarm inferno before he arrived!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    How come it's so difficult to acknowledge that all this started when Arians was fired and Todd Haley came to town? 8-8 in Todd's first season... 0-fer in his next...

    Pretty easy fix - one guy gets fired, everybody else suddently looks great again...
    Probably because the O is outplaying the D? Firing Haley won't solve the defensive woes.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Fire everyone is a bit extreme, but something needs to change.
    Constants i recognize are
    -soft defense which is getting more soft
    -poor clock management
    -too many mistakes
    -terrible O-line
    -injuries
    I would like to know why it's extreme. If we keep someone, make a case for keeping them. I made a case for a fresh start...a good old fashioned house cleaning. Make a case for an alternative.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •