Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is the solution.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Here is the solution.

[URL]http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/bill-cowher-interested-in-nfl-coaching-return/1819343/[/URL]
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind it and I think it's what this team needs but I don't think the Rooneys would do it. On a side note, I don't know how Tomlin CANNOT be on the hot seat right now from not just the fans perspective (like a previous post outlined) but from ownership as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelz I sure hope so. I am more unhappy with Tomlin than Haley...and that is saying something.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

We seem to love bringing back players, why not a coach?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We seem to love bringing back players, why not a coach?
    As Don Henley once said "Don't look back. You can never look back."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Steelz I sure hope so. I am more unhappy with Tomlin than Haley...and that is saying something.
    I am back and forth on the Tomlin/Haley thing.If Tomlin wanted to keep BA, and now he has Haley, can you blame Tomlin for any of the offensive problems?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I am back and forth on the Tomlin/Haley thing.If Tomlin wanted to keep BA, and now he has Haley, can you blame Tomlin for any of the offensive problems?
    I'm no fan of Haley. But by most accounts, the Haley offense was doing well last year before Ben went down. Since then, the offense has gotten progressively worse. Is that all Haley's fault?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm no fan of Haley. But by most accounts, the Haley offense was doing well last year before Ben went down. Since then, the offense has gotten progressively worse. Is that all Haley's fault?
    I didn't think the playcalling was that bad the previous 2 games. The first two was just horrendous.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I know a lot of people think Tomlin's job is safe. Based on the Rooney's history, that's a fair assessment although I'm not so sure his job should be safe and that includes both coordinators as well.

Let's spin this a slightly different way....

Most people think that Tomlin wanted to keep Arians and the Rooneys and possibly Colbert overruled him. There is evidence to support that theory. With that being said, If the Rooney's don't have the confidence to allow Tomlin to hire his own OC then wouldn't that be a slight indication that Tomlin's job is in jeopardy? To me, that shows some lack of faith in your HC's ability to hire. Does it not? I have to wonder if they also pulled in the reigns on Tomlin in regards to this draft. Tomlin isn't a novice HC anymore. He has experience. Normally, HC's gain more control during their tenure, not less. That very well could indicate a bit of "loss in faith" in Tomlin by ownership IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know a lot of people think Tomlin's job is safe. Based on the Rooney's history, that's a fair assessment although I'm not so sure his job should be safe and that includes both coordinators as well.

Let's spin this a slightly different way....

Most people think that Tomlin wanted to keep Arians and the Rooneys and possibly Colbert overruled him. There is evidence to support that theory. With that being said, If the Rooney's don't have the confidence to allow Tomlin to hire his own OC then wouldn't that be a slight indication that Tomlin's job is in jeopardy? To me, that shows some lack of faith in your HC's ability to hire. Does it not? I have to wonder if they also pulled in the reigns on Tomlin in regards to this draft. Tomlin isn't a novice HC anymore. He has experience. Normally, HC's gain more control during their tenure, not less. That very well could indicate a bit of "loss in faith" in Tomlin by ownership IMO.
    I bet you get excited and then really frustrated during FA...