Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Here is the solution.

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,985
    I'm good with Cowher returning. He knows how to motivate men and he understands fundamentals. Also, other than not wanting Big Ben, our drafts were better under his watch.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,105
    I think it would work out about as well as Joe Gibbs returning to the 'Skins did.

  3. #13
    Hmm, so defensive minded Cowher who delegated Offense to the OC...is being blamed for running Bettis alot? Come on. We had some good O's under Cowher and Cowher wasn't the OC. He just needs a hire a good one.

  4. #14
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,579
    The combination of Cowher & Colbert could build a team....except the QB position. Cowher was very hard headed in that regard. He has a QB so his biggest flaw is mitigated.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I'm good with Cowher returning. He knows how to motivate men and he understands fundamentals. Also, other than not wanting Big Ben, our drafts were better under his watch.
    Cowher hired good people around him, and overseen staff and players as any manager would. He did it well for a number of years. He is a known commodity. He knows the Steeler way, and mentality...doesn't just give it a wash and wax. I am convinced he can bring the swagger back into the Burgh.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Hmm, so defensive minded Cowher who delegated Offense to the OC...is being blamed for running Bettis alot? Come on. We had some good O's under Cowher and Cowher wasn't the OC. He just needs a hire a good one.
    You hit the nail on the head. We had some good OC and some great talent under Cowher and in 15 YEARS he rewarded us with one SB and many AFCCG CHOKES.... no thanks
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 09-30-2013 at 01:12 PM.

  7. #17
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. We had some good OC and some great talent under Cowher and in 15 YEARS he rewarded us with one SB and many AFCCG COKES.... no thanks
    Like I said in my previous statement.... Cowher's biggest flaw was the QB position. When he got one, he one the SB. He would still have one and I think he could turn this team around QUICKLY.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,835
    Nothing in the rule book that says you can't win without an elite QB as long as talent is Surrounded. Just ask Flacco, Dilfer, Brad J and Jim Mc just to name a few. Neil and Tommy M was good enough and he still choked, at least as good as the ones mentioned.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Like I said in my previous statement.... Cowher's biggest flaw was the QB position. When he got one, he one the SB. He would still have one and I think he could turn this team around QUICKLY.
    When Cowher got his QB, he won a SB. We are 0-4 with Ben at the helm without a win in sight.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When Cowher got his QB, he won a SB. We are 0-4 with Ben at the helm without a win in sight.
    The same QB who is on a league record pace in the TO category, with the Two pretenders at the tackles position and aging defense in which over half the salary is committed TO? UNLESS Cowher is a miracle worker in which we all know he's not by his choke jobs
    I say No thanks. If you going to clean house start fresh.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •